Under the Oak Tree

omg no wonder the title seemed so familiar, the novel is getting quite popular on NU too... i guess i'll wait for both to stack up

I hope that musclebrain realizes soon (>__>);
She doesn't deserve his passive agressive rage, just cause he feels somehow inferior.'
I love this anyways tho :3

i would be much more okay with this if there was some fucking consent. she doesn’t really want to sleep with him but feels scared and forced cause “oh he wants to and if i don’t he might leave me”. spoiler alert thats not consent. people have fantasies or whatever but i have to speed scroll past all the scenes because of how uncomfortable that aspect is. i want to see the story of her gaining confidence and being supported by her husband, especially after the trauma she has gone through, so i’m trying to stick it out but that part leaves one hell of a sour taste in my mouth.

It’s sad to see people criticize the female lead just because she isn’t the typical outspoken, independent ‘strong’ heroine. So many people say so many terrible things about female lead who dares to cry, show ‘weak’ traits. In this case of this heroine it’s justifiable and reasonable the way she acts. And in terms of consent, lol, what do you expect from a fictional novel with a historical setting?! This is rated for 18/19+ I think we’re all intelligent enough to know what is fiction and fantasy. Not everything has to have modern liberal feminist ideals.

@sweaterhoe There is consent both times she had a sexual encounter with Riftan. Take in mind that their first night together hasn't been explored much besides chapter 1. I shall put this under spoiler in case people haven't read chapter 1 and 5.
The second night Riftan asked the MC if she didn't want to do it and even told her she wouldn't force her even if they are a couple (after the whole talk about the princess and how Riftan was against divorce). To which the MC gives her consent. After finishing she even asked herself "Is my memory of our first night a lie?" and she even thought it was nice. Which I find very cute of her. This mainly means that maybe she is remembering the first night incorrectly. It is important to note that on the first night in chapter 1 Riftan says "Tell me if you don't want to I won't force you. Do you want me to go out?" to which the MC responds "N-no". She may have felt peerpreasure the first time due to what the maids said, but by no means was this an act made with no consent since Riftan asked the MC before starting. You should also note that Riftan has made it perfectly clear that he thinks a divorce is blasphemy and by no means will he leave the MC. So the pretext of saying that Riftan will leave her if she doesn't agree to have sex doesn't apply since he already made it clear that he will not abandon her.

@orangokitty The MC is a pretty strong woman considering all the psychological abuse she has suffered from her family. I love this story since she is slowly starting to recover her self esteem while Riftan is learning to be more patient and less crude. They were made for each other. Riftan always wants straight answers and the MC was very timid but I think together they will find a balance. Riftan will learn to be more loving and understanding while the MC will learn to have confidence and say the things she has in mind to avoid misunderstandings. They are both sooo cutteee.

@IVVO Even the whole series was removed from their website...... 😱😱😱😭😱

@mistressdarkness As you said Riftan is a musclebrain and it will take a while for him to change. Seeing how he changes slowly for the MC is so cute. They have really great moments together further on. Though Riftan will still say his favorite word.

@duskyloltun just wanted to let u know i started the series from your comment and i dont regret it!! it has a lot of potential and i cant wait to see where the manhwa goes ~

they had lots of webtoons on their site... now there's like 8 or something, i wonder what happened :<

ok so I just found out from their Twitter that they negotiated with Korean publishers and some webtoons will be licensed

@Wanwan23 you literally have answers underneath your comment.

They are licensing some webtoons so that's why they're gone from the website

i love it!!! looking forward for more chapters! I'm excited to see how FL's charactr development will go.

@kylie_aliah Her stutter is not something that came from the abuse so she probably got treated even more like shit because she would stutter. It's completely believable that she reacts and thinks like that when her whole life has been torture and abuse from her father.

Anyway i think i replied to an old comment lol.

I just hope she keeps getting treated like that by husbando after all the abuse she suffered.

@duskyloltun I mean you know, women rarely say their first time has been great 😖 the first night isn't a lie but it's probably quite different the second time around.

JGJ

Hot damn that guy is on steroids or something. This would explain his massive beefy arms and anger problems, the dude's raging! #roidrage

This manhwa feels a bit overrated especially with the rating. The art isn't amazing, the main character isn't very interesting or well developed, and the male lead just seems bleh

@GoldenPinapl : maybe because we first read the novel and the development of the story/couple was good so far (106 chapter "free" and about 150 on patreon) i'm so sad the free novel just disapeared :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread