Until I Become Me - Vol. 3 Ch. 37

Aggregator gang
thanks for the chapter. Man seeing my person(?) growing up and becoming more accepting of his being and recognizing his mistakes and feeling remorseful for his past actions sure do be fulfilling very excited for the coming chapters after seeing them on smiley translations

Dex-chan lover
I’m curious how this will go. Crushes change, and she’s really young. Who knows her orientation? I didn’t get that all figured out until I was 36!

PS
w/r/t holidays, Jews have a holiday every ten minutes so we have Pesach Sheni on Friday. A holiday where we… eat some matzah and don’t apologise to God for things for a day. This year it falls on Shabbos so that means we… eat matzah on Shabbos.
I’m gonna get some proper meat to eat, though. I live in the sticks, and didn’t plan ahead well enough, so I have to drive 6 hours total to get kosher meat. Usually just have fish or dairy. Kosher is so inconvenient sometimes. And meat? EXPENSIVE! 2-3 times the price. The quality is better, but OOF.
Yaaaaay…..

Later this month we have Shavuos, where we sing a couple songs, read the book of Ruth (which is pretty gay), eat dairy foods and stay up all night studying.

At least there are no fast days…

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter. Man seeing my person(?) growing up and becoming more accepting of his being and recognizing his mistakes and feeling remorseful for his past actions sure do be fulfilling very excited for the coming chapters after seeing them on smiley translations
The title of the manga is “until I(m) become me(f)”.
Akira is pretty consistently trying to become more feminine.
I think “she/her” is a safe bet on which pronouns to use.

Japanese pronouns are so wild. 52 personal, first-person pronouns.
52 words for I/me!
I didn’t speak or write Japanese for years after I transitioned, because I couldn’t fix using male pronouns or even iron out which one to use.

A streamer and the artist for “Danshikou ni Dokusareta Otokonoko” switches between “asashi” and “watashi“ a lot and still occasionally misgenders herself over a year after coming out.

Group Leader
The title of the manga is “until I(m) become me(f)”.
Akira is pretty consistently trying to become more feminine.
I think “she/her” is a safe bet on which pronouns to use.

Japanese pronouns are so wild. 52 personal, first-person pronouns.
52 words for I/me!
I didn’t speak or write Japanese for years after I transitioned, because I couldn’t fix using male pronouns or even iron out which one to use.

A streamer and the artist for “Danshikou ni Dokusareta Otokonoko” switches between “asashi” and “watashi“ a lot and still occasionally misgenders herself over a year after coming out.
Yeah Japanese pronouns are interesting, because they tend to correspond to male/female but they really.. don't. Like Office workers will all use Watashi rather then Boku/Ore/Atashi, because it's more proper then the other options

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Japanese pronouns are interesting, because they tend to correspond to male/female but they really.. don't. Like Office workers will all use Watashi rather then Boku/Ore/Atashi, because it's more proper then the other options
And “boku” is semi-often used by women, especially young girls.
”atashi” is common among “onee“ which is a whole gender/orientation situation I have no right trying to explain, as I cannot claim to understand it.

I use “uchi” because it’s got a bit of cutesy sass to it, and it’s very kansai. My steez fits that dialect and attitude, so I go kansai-ben when I pull out yet another pun or get incredulous.

Funny and unsurprising: when I first reached fluency I used feminine speech, aside “boku”, without noticing. I got “corrected”. I ended up over correcting, but yadda yadda here we are.

Group Leader
"Rambling about Jewish Holidays"
Thanks for the interesting insight into your life and practicing your faith. I'm a city slicker so I'm sure it is a million times easier to be jewish here rather than in some remote area. There are a lot of kosher options around.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the interesting insight into your life and practicing your faith. I'm a city slicker so I'm sure it is a million times easier to be jewish here rather than in some remote area. There are a lot of kosher options around.
thanks! Judaism is way more different from other faiths and cultures than most gentiles know.
I cannot even begin to explain. Shabbos is so confusing if you’re fully observant. I’m… mostly observant? Maybe? I brush my teeth, and often use tech (the laws were written before it existed! Modern opinions vary).
Passover is incomprehensible. It’s just confusing stuff happening and surreal question and answer sessions and delicious food eaten in confusing ways.

So much wine! I’m an alcoholic, so it’s grape juice for me, but Purim is a holiday where you’re supposed to dress up in costumes and get so trashed you can’t remember a guy from the book of Esther’s name! I mean, I can manage cannabis usage just fine, so I get stupid, but In Orthodox neighbourhoods 21 year old kids end up in the ER for alcohol poisoning every year, because they don’t know their limit.

point is that it’s super involved, but I think being Jewish and Jewing a Jewish things is awesome.

Fun fact, tradition says that gentiles have an easier time getting into the next world, because they have fewer things asked of them. Being Jewish is hard mode 😂

edit: the fact that I said I couldn’t explain and then went on for paragraphs is the jewiest thing I’ve don’t today and I’ve said blessings in Hebrew maybe 20 times?

Dex-chan lover
YuGiOh player doesn't read the card text, in other news the sky is blue :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread