Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 134 - Moving Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
We know Yume is adopted, so is Yayoi her biological or birth mother? Either way, Yume's very strongly connected to the gray given that sense of hers. So were her birth parents fully human? Did her adoptive parents adopt her as part of being involved in the gray world?

Dex-chan lover
We know Yume is adopted, so is Yayoi her biological or birth mother? Either way, Yume's very strongly connected to the gray given that sense of hers. So were her birth parents fully human? Did her adoptive parents adopt her as part of being involved in the gray world?

At this point I'm willing to speculate that Yume herself isn't fully human and is closer to a gray entity herself, she just doesn't realize it yet. Perhaps Jin and Yin are also similar to her but already went through special training, hence their aptitude (due to experience?) in handling gray entities and they encouraged her to keep looking for Yayoi to unlock her true gray skillz or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh! I honestly don't mind the pivot in the story. We had an extremely episodic horror adventure for several dozen issues that had creative things to say about a number of old horror stories as well as a few newer ideas to add into the mix. If this is the part where the protagonists power up and we switch genres a bit, I don't mind that! Someone earlier commented that this series really could just end whenever the mangaka felt like it, and I agree that it definitely could have.

I like the horror-comedy thing. The mangaka is extremely adept at mixing horror and comedy, and showing off some of those chops here is great. I like that they're not getting too... casual with the monsters, if that makes sense. The monsters are still rare, still powerful, still something to be worried about, we're not in My Neighbor Totoro territory with these guys. Also, Yume froze again, first time in a while!

Users who are viewing this thread