Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 140 - Instrument Shelter Recorder ②

Dex-chan lover
"I wonder how it feels, being a flat surface unable to move any part of your body" ponders the Q scientist chick, immediately after observing that the people in the photo moved slightly in the hour since Hama last sent her a picture.

With powers of deduction like that, is it any wonder that they constantly need Hama and Yume to do the real work for them?

Dex-chan lover
So the three screens have an entrance, an exit, and an future observation screen. Some people apparently saw a future through the third screen that was so horrible they tried to dimension jump using the entrance of one of the screens, but it somehow failed and so they got trapped in a 2D space/photograph where they'll be stuck for all eternity, unable to die. Freaky.

And this I suppose is why Hama/Yume saw all those weird things happening, because now time/space is warping in the area. And also why they both got warped/teleported to a different area.

The big question now is that Yume saw her future self growling "Unforgivable" which now foreshadows that something will happen that will make the normally kind Yume snap.

Oh and Q is still doing questionable science things lol.

Aggregator gang
This Q unsettles me. They let Chacha out when there's still something wrong with her. We can't know if that's on purpose or not...

The actual Stevenson screen is my tablet screen that I'm using to read this comic. In that screen I see Hama and Yume compressed to a still, 2D surface, sliced up and rearranged by panel borders, and I can choose to look at their future, past or present.
too deep, come back

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing in the future hama got hurt and yume found that unforgivable
Or her siblings. For some reason I am also getting the feeling that either Yume herself or her mother will be the final boss of this manga.

The actual Stevenson screen is my tablet screen that I'm using to read this comic. In that screen I see Hama and Yume compressed to a still, 2D surface, sliced up and rearranged by panel borders, and I can choose to look at their future, past or present.
holy shit

Dex-chan lover
"I wonder how it feels, being a flat surface unable to move any part of your body" ponders the Q scientist chick, immediately after observing that the people in the photo moved slightly in the hour since Hama last sent her a picture.

With powers of deduction like that, is it any wonder that they constantly need Hama and Yume to do the real work for them?
I mean, she's not stupid. We have to assume that only the tiniest of movements are possible, and only in two dimensions.

Besides, thousands and thousands of stories have paralyzed, frozen, and cursed people, ghost paintings, haunted dolls, living statues, etc, all unable to move for the most part for one reason or another. Yet they can almost always move their eyes.

Finally, you always have to keep in mind that translation issues are an ever present possibility when reading manga.

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh, I like the high-concept stuff. Seems like we get it every time Q shows up, eh? Freaky images, cubist-inspired manga, I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread