Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 152 - Pharmacy Staff ②

Dex-chan lover
Interesting so, the part-timers are part of the cycle (put to sleep by the daughter, got possessed by the ghost sister, which turned into dust, and then used as medicine component by the father). And the hiring cost is passed on to the customers.
(Also more proof how shady Q is)

Anyway, here I was wondering how the surprising high cost came to be, since it’s Japan and not the US, where medical bills could be a real life horror/monstrosity.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I'm not actually sure on what happened in the end. Because we get to hear the thoughts of the daughter as we see someone being injected witht the sleeping drug but then in thendxt coupke pannels that father is shown standing upright and self-rationalizing, while the daughter's thoughts asmre connected to the panels of someone lying down as if she was the one who got injected with the sleeping drug?

Just not very clear on what happened to who exactly.

Dex-chan lover
I think she's misunderstanding. I don't think the pharmacist/father has forgotten anything about his daughter, he's just in active denial because it's too much to acknowledge. The last panel suggests he's fully aware of what happened and is lying to himself, and knows it.

Aggregator gang
Huh, I'm not actually sure on what happened in the end. Because we get to hear the thoughts of the daughter as we see someone being injected witht the sleeping drug but then in thendxt coupke pannels that father is shown standing upright and self-rationalizing, while the daughter's thoughts asmre connected to the panels of someone lying down as if she was the one who got injected with the sleeping drug?

The one lying down is the daughter, she's doing this to lure people to help her then inject them with the sleeping drug. The panel you're talking about is most likely showing the drug to say she's holding it and not meaning she's injecting the drug to someone.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I don't think she injected anyone, but was just holding the syringe. The daughter is the one on the floor. She told Hama and Yume to wake her up if they ever found her in the storage room, and then pretended she'd been knocked out so they'd come close enough to inject them so the sister/ghost could possess them.

Dex-chan lover
The one lying down is the daughter, she's doing this to lure to help her then inject them with the sleeping drug. The panel you're talking about is most likely showing the drug to say she's holding it and not meaning she's injecting the drug to someone.
I don't think she injected anyone, but was just holding the syringe. The daughter is the one on the floor. She told Hama and Yume to wake her up if they ever found her in the storage room, and then pretended she'd been knocked out so they'd come close enough to inject them so the sister/ghost could possess them.
thanks that makes so much more sense.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine screwing up so badly....that he had to constantly lie to himself he doesn't have a daughter but you have to work because that's the only way you can continue your research...but still haunted by that failure...

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so the woman at the end was trying to lure Hama/Yume so that she could inject them with the drug so the ghost could possess them? Hence why Yume said she stank and refused to go into the room.

And the woman was apparently a step daughter? And the ghost was her sister, and the real biological daughter, if I'm reading it right. Kinda fucked up that the dad decided to use his stepdaughter as a human test subject, but he's paying for that karma.

Double-page supporter
Ok, so the woman at the end was trying to lure Hama/Yume so that she could inject them with the drug so the ghost could possess them? Hence why Yume said she stank and refused to go into the room.

And the woman was apparently a step daughter? And the ghost was her sister, and the real biological daughter, if I'm reading it right. Kinda fucked up that the dad decided to use his stepdaughter as a human test subject, but he's paying for that karma.
Actually, I wonder about that. I think the sister is his biological daughter, and the stepdaughter overheard him talking, and assumed he would test on her because they were not blood related.

And perhaps he did, not because of a lack of relation, but the fact she is clearly messed up in the head. Or maybe it was intended to be random, and seeing him put the powder in made her assume that the mug was meant only for her. Eitherway, she decided that instead of confronting him, she would just make her sister drink it.

We can't take her as a reliable narrator, because she seems to be quite the consummate liar, and her justification for her actions in the present is all about herself. She has no regrets, she just keeps bringing her sister back because she wants their dad's attention.

And on top of that, we can't even be sure she and the pharmacist aren't actually child and parent, because we only have her accusation while she is clearly trying to torment him. It is entirely possible that he treated her differently simply because she is, again, messed up in the head.

Group Leader
k well the psycho sister clearly isn't gray but yume could still smell her. Means yumes nose smells hostility not simply from the gray

k well the psycho sister clearly isn't gray but yume could still smell her. Means yumes nose smells hostility not simply from the gray
Yes, Yume aslo smelled the baldies when they were working as bodyguard in the skin suit chapter, right?
Hey, we're almost caught up to the Japanese raws
I'm sad. Maybe that's why we don't get updates as often as we used to.

I can see Yume saying unforgivable to the Q lady for harming Hama in some way now. That premonition chapter also had the Q lady, maybe it's the author's foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter hits hard, especially Oonawa's expression of grief, sadness and anger in page 18

Dex-chan lover
Really really really REALLY adore this ghost design. Something about the upside-down distorted face and the rows of teeth, combined with how it just kind of gently drifts around...

Dex-chan lover
Really good story, I think I like the ones where the people are far more fucked up than the ghost, like the skin suit one. Doctor got to taste the consequences of testing on his step (or not confirmed?) daughter, the scene of her shoving the coffee meant for her in the beloved sister's mouth and his shock afterwards proves that doctor was an asshole to me. Even if oonawa is fucked in the head

Group Leader
Yes, Yume aslo smelled the baldies when they were working as bodyguard in the skin suit chapter, right?

I'm sad. Maybe that's why we don't get updates as often as we used to.

I can see Yume saying unforgivable to the Q lady for harming Hama in some way now. That premonition chapter also had the Q lady, maybe it's the author's foreshadowing.
I wasn't sure if the baldies were partly gray or not since they managed to punch out a fukn ghost lmao

Users who are viewing this thread