Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 163 - Flower Shop Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused. So the flower absorbed the flower shop manager to show her a dream she wished for? When did this happen, before or after our MCs got hired?

Also dang, something really did happen to Chacha. Now Yagi is getting serious about figuring out what happened. So did she get replaced or something, considering Yagi at the end said he was going to find her?

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit confused. So the flower absorbed the flower shop manager to show her a dream she wished for? When did this happen, before or after our MCs got hired?

Also dang, something really did happen to Chacha. Now Yagi is getting serious about figuring out what happened. So did she get replaced or something, considering Yagi at the end said he was going to find her?
I think almost the entire arc was just showing managers dream, from page 4 of chapter 161 (showed the flower bud) till page 7 of chapter 163 where it's back to reality (flower blooms, she/reader "wakes up"). The one who actually hired them was an employee looking for the missing manager, who had been "consumed" by the flower already.

Dex-chan lover
The part where Yagi explains the manager's dream feels a little silly to me. He has no idea what she saw in her dream, so why does he explain that she might have seen him, Yume, or Hama in it? It feels like it's just thrown in at the end to justify to the reader how they appear in the dream despite never meeting her.

Dex-chan lover
A quick explanation....the one who actually hired them is someone else asking them to look for the flower shop manager. She's gone, inside the flower in the dream of said flower. Anyways..yeah, Chacha's gone. Poor guy..also this reaction image!
image.png

The part where Yagi explains the manager's dream feels a little silly to me. He has no idea what she saw in her dream, so why does he explain that she might have seen him, Yume, or Hama in it? It feels like it's just thrown in at the end to justify to the reader how they appear in the dream despite never meeting her.
He does have some understanding on how the grey matters trick and exploit humans, which is to use the victim's memory. In chapter 158 the anomaly used Hama memory, Yagi manage to figure that out, even Yume was suprised.

edit: after re-read again, yeah no clue how their faces is in the manager dream, unless its the flower that saw their faces and inject into her dream to make it as real as possible, because the manager did say the all of the flower would face her, and Hama feels the flower is watching them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He does have some understanding on how the grey matters trick and exploit humans, which is to use the victim's memory. In chapter 158 the anomaly used Hama memory, Yagi manage to figure that out, even Yume was suprised.

edit: after re-read again, yeah no clue how their faces is in the manager dream, unless its the flower that saw their faces and inject into her dream to make it as real as possible, because the manager did say the all of the flower would face her, and Hama feels the flower is watching them.

The manager-flower was inside the shop throughout the entire time Yume and Hama were working there. The flower just adjusts the dream according to the shop's condition.

Group Leader
Because she's no longer Chacha?
shes still chachaish, we have no idea wtf q or the grey did to her. and shes still going for her og goal of finding yumes parents. and tho sth clearly has changed and shes malevolent intentions, its never been established so far to do so for the sake of being evil

Dex-chan lover
This was a good twist.
Assuming the final line in the arc is Yazawa’s, he must have really keyed in that Yume’s parent(s) are involved in/a part of significant phenomena.

Dex-chan lover
In my understanding,
In short, the Manager is consumed by the dream flower, and 3/4 part of the arc is inside the Manager's dream, but who in the first place gave the Dreaming Flower to the guy, and then the guy gave it to the Manager? it's Chacha presumably Chacha and the Manager were always at each other throats due to misunderstanding, this part is a bit ambiguous, whether Just like how the Manager thought Chacha likes the guy so and Chacha on the other hand thought the Manager likes the detective, or back then Chacha indeed also love the guy and always think ways to get rid the Manager.
Anyway: Chacha is not as innocent as she always looks,

Dex-chan lover
I agree it seemed strange, but see this 👇
The manager-flower was inside the shop throughout the entire time Yume and Hama were working there. The flower just adjusts the dream according to the shop's condition.

Dex-chan lover

I think that the flower isn't pulling from the manager's memory or anything it saw, but just reality itself. So it figures out the most realistic path for a dream to be achieved.

The owner wanted a flower that could grant wishes, and the price for such a power is life. So the flowers in the dream ate the employees to feed the Dreamin flower. She knew Chacha, and could call her for some advice regarding the strange events—and also as an easy sacrifice, since she said the employees "quit" when they'd been taken by the flowers. The use of the word "quit" instead of "disappeared" or "they just stopped showing up" tells me she was probably aware. Chacha is involved in gray cases enough to recognize what it is and suggest hiring Hama and Yume as part-timers.

It all lines up pretty logically with how things could go in reality if the flower could grant wishes outside of dreams. It's basically showing a potential path/timeline based on if the flower DID have that power outside of dreams. Like a vision of a future. Think of that multiverse concept where there's an infinite number of worlds that branch off from every decision.

There's just one flaw, which is what REALLY interests me: The Dreamin flower didn't include Yume's power. In reality, that shop would have stunk to high heaven to her. So, why didn't her powers exist in the dream world? Is it because her powers are based in gray and the flower can't copy other gray things? Or are the dreams more like tapping into glimpses of alternate timelines/universes, and found some alternate universe where Yume doesn't have that power?

We know that other universes exist in this story, and that there's another Hama and Yume in at least one world. So, if the flower DOES show visions of other universes where the wish is granted, is that power unique to THIS Yume?

Users who are viewing this thread