Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 74 - Weather Observer ③

Being from another world coming to invade? thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
So hmm, researchers on this side and researchers on the other but while this side is doing normal good research the beings from the other side are doing fucked up and evil research lmao.

But yeah this one leaves a lot unexplained intentionally so.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl the characters explaining what's happening kinda sucks. Like I get it, they're researchers and all but still, I would've loved it more if the whole thing was left ambiguous like previous chapters. The mystery regarding the face in the sky, falling corpse and afterlife is creepy enough. The twist doesn't really fit.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, so for this case... seems like there's another world which can interact with out world through the sky of this specific area. And the other world is kinda like the afterlife or something similar, where the head researcher dude was actually someone who died years ago, and came back to this world to "observe" or something. When he met his daughter who was the one actually still alive, he vanished. But apparently that was enough to let the "other side" know that it's possible for them to interact and stay in our world, which causes the invasion of falling people at the end.

So I guess the questions are, is the other world the actual afterlife? Why did the father's corpse only appear at the end, when he was apparently fine until he met his still living daughter? What did the initial fallen body at the beginning of the chapter have to do with anything, especially the note that he died 60 years ago? What about the researcher who looked at the sky and then apparently walked up into it, what happened with him?

Group Leader
according to the chinese comments, Q is related to some previous cases as well.

the first case is the medical trial case, and the 2nd case is the amusement park (qland)

and since both cases relate to another universe stuff, they're probably all related

Group Leader
also i dont think the story is as straight forward as it seems.

we're treating what the daughter says as truth but it could be that she's the agent from another world. especially since we see the dad's perspective most of the time (especially the dream)

and since they're able to identify the corpses, then clearly they aren't people from another universe but from this one. maybe its a time traveling gap and not a space traveling one?

Dex-chan lover
So now it's what - three or four gray jobs that have ended with potentially world-destroying events? They should probably go hide out in the alternate universe.
It's like Mr Burns health in the Simpsons. An incredible amount of world ending threats, but they all try to got hrough the door at once and thus blocking each other.

Dex-chan lover
It's like Mr Burns health in the Simpsons. An incredible amount of world ending threats, but they all try to got hrough the door at once and thus blocking each other.
I've came to a similar conclusion in a previois chapter.

Dex-chan lover
according to the chinese comments, Q is related to some previous cases as well.

the first case is the medical trial case, and the 2nd case is the amusement park (qland)

and since both cases relate to another universe stuff, they're probably all related
Are they related to the bath water too?

Aggregator gang
also i dont think the story is as straight forward as it seems.

we're treating what the daughter says as truth but it could be that she's the agent from another world. especially since we see the dad's perspective most of the time (especially the dream)

and since they're able to identify the corpses, then clearly they aren't people from another universe but from this one. maybe its a time traveling gap and not a space traveling one?
It say they're dead people, people of the afterlife trying to open a path to the world of the living and get back here.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if a chapter will explain what happened to all those world ending threats.
Well, let's see.
The briefcase was simply contained. Everyone who saw inside eventually died and the next person to find it had enough willpower to resist opening it and enough intelligence to realize how dangerous it was and decided to bury it or something.

The fruit clone situation will solve itself. Eventually there will be so many guardian monkeys in the fields that it will be impossible for anyone to gather the fruit even though they are pretty weak.

The sky guys situation may solve itself if they all go splat. Otherwise it could be an issue. But also, it may not be difficult for a group with occult knowledge to deal with them if they knew about them.

All three of these could be solved by the SCP Foundation, or even a much weaker version of them. Just the government would be able to, probably.

Dex-chan lover
Hm, pretty cool case. Alternate afterlife researchers... and Q reappears, from the amusement park story! I guess we do have a recurring villain on our hands!

Users who are viewing this thread