Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 79 - Ryoutei Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
very happy to see this again, and also great arc to show character development. Hope that the new translator continues this if the old ones aren't picking it up anymore.

Group Leader
pretty straight forward arc. just not sure why they restrained the dad instead of tossing him in a cursed room like they did yume

hopefully next arc is the detective cashing in his "favor" asking them to rescue the detective who went missing trying to find yumes parents

Fed-Kun's army
pretty straight forward arc. just not sure why they restrained the dad instead of tossing him in a cursed room like they did yume

hopefully next arc is the detective cashing in his "favor" asking them to rescue the detective who went missing trying to find yumes parents
I believe it's because they wanted the death to seem as natural as possible.
very happy to see this again, and also great arc to show character development. Hope that the new translator continues this if the old ones aren't picking it up anymore.
I will try to continue, but there definitely won't be a consistent schedule. Next arc is "Archaeological Excavation Assistant", btw :^)

I love this manga so much, thank you so much for continuing.

Dex-chan lover
It lives! I've been waiting for more chapters, this is a great horror manga.

That being said, I think this arc was a bit tame on the horror end. Basically the ryoukan is cursed by a spirit who moves from room to room, and anyone in it when the spirit is there gets cursed to eventually relive the hanging death the ghost suffered. But, it can be nullified by going into the same room as the spirit once more. Pretty standard stuff, really.

The real "horror" is the family running the ryoukan, who are trying to kill each other using the curse but hiding behind a mask of smiles and humility.

And, we get some character development!

I believe the reason why they restrained the dad is because the forbidden room is not fixed in one place, the spirit roams to different rooms. So by restraining the dad in one room, eventually the spirit will show up in that room to curse him.

Dex-chan lover
Sick dad looks alright at the end there, he even grows back his hair though his hair being in that state means he is upside down and turned into another "Otaki" or is now a new curse himself?

Group Leader
I believe it's because they wanted the death to seem as natural as possible.

I will try to continue, but there definitely won't be a consistent schedule. Next arc is "Archaeological Excavation Assistant", btw :^)
do they ever rescue the detective that went to investigate yumes parents

That being said, I think this arc was a bit tame on the horror end. Basically the ryoukan is cursed by a spirit who moves from room to room, and anyone in it when the spirit is there gets cursed to eventually relive the hanging death the ghost suffered. But, it can be nullified by going into the same room as the spirit once more. Pretty standard stuff, really.
Even though it was tame, I liked the horror in this one.

It said somewhere that you can only hear the voice once. I assume that means each person can only ever hear it once, meaning that to break the curse you need someone willing to risk it for you - something that family would never do for each other. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cliches 😁

Group Leader
Nah you can hear it more than once, just that the voice says it once every time it moves . That's how the sibs keep luring part timers to their doom. They hear it, ask a part timer to tell their sibling to kill them (but asks not to say they were the ones who asked so the sib doesn't get sus), the sib gets sus anyway and asks a different part timer to open it.

If each person can only hear it once, then their plan wouldn't work because each of them would only know where the room was once
Even though it was tame, I liked the horror in this one.

It said somewhere that you can only hear the voice once. I assume that means each person can only ever hear it once, meaning that to break the curse you need someone willing to risk it for you - something that family would never do for each other. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cliches 😁

Dex-chan lover
Because by restraining the dad in one room, sooner or later the curse would find him since the curse doesn't stay in one room. It moves between room. That's why the siblings keep asking the servants to do chores in random rooms. They're testing the theory.

Dex-chan lover
It lives! I've been waiting for more chapters, this is a great horror manga.

The real "horror" is the family running the ryoukan, who are trying to kill each other using the curse but hiding behind a mask of smiles and humility.

And, we get some character development!

I believe the reason why they restrained the dad is because the forbidden room is not fixed in one place, the spirit roams to different rooms. So by restraining the dad in one room, eventually the spirit will show up in that room to curse him.
Also, it's pretty sad how Otaki ( the curse) is still being used by the family even after her death. I love this manga. In any other manga, this will be resolved but not this. Our two protagonists are powerless and can't do anything. This is consistent in every arc.
They're just there for the job. Really hammers in the helplessness of the situation.

Dex-chan lover
the self-deprecating siblings and their gimmick phrase of "after all, it's the reiwa era hehe" is an interesting presentation by the author. their expressions were intentionally depicted as dishonest despite all the amicability and friendly talk. perhaps he was commenting on how certain people nowadays try their hardest to present themselves as non-confrontational as possible, and yet their motivations are actually even more sinister than outspoken "villains".

Dex-chan lover
I love this stuff... Horror with a human face! The vengeful ghost is just a pawn in this family's scheming. Honestly, I like it. I feel bad for the ghost at the end of the day! And you can really tell that the author has just stuffed utterly insane amounts of contempt for modern Japan into this story

Dex-chan lover
the self-deprecating siblings and their gimmick phrase of "after all, it's the reiwa era hehe" is an interesting presentation by the author. their expressions were intentionally depicted as dishonest despite all the amicability and friendly talk. perhaps he was commenting on how certain people nowadays try their hardest to present themselves as non-confrontational as possible, and yet their motivations are actually even more sinister than outspoken "villains".
Their schtick also rings true on a few levels.

Technically they have a peaceful relationship and technically they aren't having the kind of succession battle that caused the curse in the first place.

And then not technically just regular they are kind of unambitious. Like their plan to use Otaki to kill each other is ruthless but also super lazy. Also it kinda seems like they haven't figured out any ruses aside from, "tell sibling they need to go to room x."

Users who are viewing this thread