Uramichi Oniisan

TMW

@2hen4tai There was some Drama between scanlation groups and Meraki Scans pulled their stuff from Mangadex. You can still find it at their own site.

For fucks sake, at least let the worse scanlation group leave if you can’t get along! I liked these scanlations but it’s annoying that they are pulled now.

Dex-chan lover
@UnknownSaint111 Why? It's a comedy through and through. All the chapters are about a guy in the entertainment industry whose life is made hell by his job. It's not dark or anything.

Aggregator gang
How exactly is this "josei". Admittedly I am not familiar with the genre, but it still doesn't seem quite right.

if anyone want to read the missing chapter here you go
Don't link to aggregator sites.

Fed-Kun's army
@zerimas Coming from an avid josei reader, this feels very much like a josei, trust me. I'd have been more surprised if I found out it was seinen.

Is this shonen Ai (BL)? When I read this, why does it feels like it is..?
And this is award winning?!!

Dex-chan lover
@Kagamimocchi It doesn't even have a "subtext" tag for yaoi/shounen ai on MangaUpdates, and people will over tag the hell out of anything with stuff like that any day of the week given one iota of a whiff of something that could maybe be misunderstood as such. So, let's just say probably not.

As for award winning, that's kind of a loaded phrase isn't it? It doesn't tell us what award it is. The Raspberries are technically "awards." You know, that thing where they put movies and actors up for things like "worst" versions of normal award shows for those things. I kind of just ignore that tag on here when I see it, it's not terribly informative and you can just as easily like things that never won an award or hate stuff that did win so what does it matter?

People are ubelievable. They can't see a predominant male cast or it's "gay" to them 🙄 Seriously, this only has yaoi vibes if you've read too much yaoi. Otherwise, NOT BL AT ALL. But don't get confused; fujoshis ARE gonna be attracted to this. That doesn't mean it's shounen-ai.

@Fiendhunter
Lol you're right. I've read too many bl and tbh I thought the author was a bl mangaka at first. But some josei (like zero sum manga) usually have bl subtext. Though after I read some chapters, I don't see it in this manga

Contributor
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-26/life-lessons-of-uramichi-oniisan-tv-anime-delayed-from-2020-to-2021/.161126

Users who are viewing this thread