Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 11 Ch. 58 - The Whispered Voice Requires Self-Responsibility V

Dex-chan lover
Damn she really wasnt secretly brainwashed?
Talk woman seems to be apprehensive about using it so maybe she isnt really a bad person?
Or is she just that confident that they cant do anything anyway
sDBYU1W.png

Double-page supporter
Just read the Round Hole in the Basement story. Not that scary, but still quite creepy. Wonder what is the name of that cult?

Dex-chan lover
This manga is an adaptation of a novel. It follows the novel almost 1:1. The course of actions has nothing to do with the mangaka or "the mangaka's laziness".
Nonsense. To the extent that the mangaka follows the novel, the novelist is one of the mangaka. To the extent that an editor directs the path taken by a manga, the editor is one of the mangaka. And only to the extent that someone adapting a novel into a manga is free to deviate from the novel, is that adapter actually the mangaka. If you're concerned to defend an amanuensis, don't mistake him or her for something else.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, technically speaking she's right about it not being a "cult*", but on the other hand: whatever it is is fucked enough.

*In the very dry, technical sense that a cult usually has a very specific structure and markers to it, where this is just her being able to hard-rewire peoples brains to follow her obediently.

Dex-chan lover
Nonsense. To the extent that the mangaka follows the novel, the novelist is one of the mangaka. To the extent that an editor directs the path taken by a manga, the editor is one of the mangaka. And only to the extent that someone adapting a novel into a manga is free to deviate from the novel, is that adapter actually the mangaka. If you're concerned to defend an amanuensis, don't mistake him or her for something else.
?
idk if i could follow what you mean by that. by means mangaka is the one who draw the manga (artist), and they just following the novel source that made by the author. and you expect them being lazy after reading this for free? wow

Dex-chan lover
by means mangaka is the one who draw the manga (artist)
Since you're not writing coherently, I can only guess at what you're trying to say. The term “mangaka” refers to one who creates a manga; that includes people who don't do any illustrating whatsoever, but it only includes anyone to the extent that he or she actually creates the manga.
you expect them being lazy after reading this for free?
What anyone pays for a manga is no determinant of whether the mangaka was lazy. However (apparently unlike you), I actually buy manga after licensed translations are released, if they are worth reading. But I give-up on them — stop reading and won't buy them — if they become unappealing. If the MC continues to do dumb stuff because the mangaka finds writing easier that way, then I'll give-up on this series.

Dex-chan lover
The term “mangaka” refers to one who creates a manga; that includes people who don't do any illustrating whatsoever, but it only includes anyone to the extent that he or she actually creates the manga.
i see, so you're including the manga artist and the author as "mangaka"?
i guess using that word to refer both of them as one is just gonna make it more confusing. usually people just gonna call them separately, especially when the novel author and manga artist aren't the same person. but since you might refer them as one to call them "lazy", i only can think it means both artist and author are lazy (at least by your POV)
What anyone pays for a manga is no determinant of whether the mangaka was lazy. However (apparently unlike you), I actually buy manga after licensed translations are released, if they are worth reading. But I give-up on them — stop reading and won't buy them — if they become unappealing. If the MC continues to do dumb stuff because the mangaka finds writing easier that way, then I'll give-up on this series.
i can see how you're willing to support the official release, though using the word as if i'm someone who only read for free stuff kinda harsh (well, i won't take that personally lol).
tbf the MC isn't that dumb, with slow pace like this i'd only call it as progress. and if MC tried to take action swiftly without thinking about the consequence of her action during at the end of this chapter, isn't that would make her more dumber?
but oh well, if you're thinking either the story pace is too slow or MC being not as badass as [insert any smartass OP MC] it's up to you to continue it or leave it be.

Dex-chan lover
i see, so you're including the manga artist and the author as "mangaka"?
That's the definition (not merely my PoV).
since you might refer them as one to call them "lazy", i only can think it means both artist and author are lazy (at least by your POV)
The artist is the mangaka only to the extent that he or she creates the manga. The mangaka who chose not to have the MC act did so from laziness.
either the story pace is too slow or MC being not as badass
Neither. The MC was stupid.

That's the definition (not merely my PoV).
Not only are you needlessly condescending, you are simply incorrect! Mangaka refers to the artist and only the artist. You don't refer to the editor or the author as mangaka, unless they are also the artist. Authors are referred to as gensakusha.

Dex-chan lover
Not only are you needlessly condescending, you are simply incorrect! Mangaka refers to the artist and only the artist. You don't refer to the editor or the author as mangaka, unless they are also the artist. Authors are referred to as gensakusha.
Oxford Languages defines “mangaka” thus
mang·a·ka
noun
a person who creates manga.
"for a manga that focuses solely on one character, it's amazing how the mangaka managed to come up with different and unique situations"
Now, you may object that various Japanese dictionaries define “mangaka” differently; but what you'll find the Japanese dictionaries defining is the Japanese “漫画家”, not the English word derived from it.

The person here who is sloppy, needlessly condescending, and wrong is not I.

Oxford Languages defines “mangaka” thus

Now, you may object that various Japanese dictionaries define “mangaka” differently; but what you'll find the Japanese dictionaries defining is the Japanese “漫画家”, not the English word derived from it.

The person here who is sloppy, needlessly condescending, and wrong is not I.
I'm genuinely flabbergasted by this. Nobody else uses the word in the way that you do, and you should not be surprised when people misinterpret what you are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread