Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Time, Space, and a Middle-aged Man I

Dex-chan lover
Sorowa is completely in the right here. Toriko needs to understand that not everyone is going to risk their lives for someone they don't know.

Very Saving Private Ryan esque.

I love the setting because it gives me the s.t.a.l.k.e.r vibes or SCP foundation stuff to it, but i hate it when they mash in romance and Yuri together, I mean some people will like it but i don't this is meant to be looting to other side not being lovers to other side

Dex-chan lover
That ironic t-shirt slogan.
And don't think I didn't catch the subtle nuance in the wording.
"God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try."

I guess there would be some people who would see that as an uplifting message.
The first thing I noticed is the implication that human efforts are expendable, and individual success doesn't matter because god has spares. Like who cares if a few humans die for nothing along the way?
And THEN I caught the specific use of "us" and "you".
As in "We don't have to do it, but you do."

It is like the t-shirt is straight up saying "I won't team up with someone who treats me as disposable. You're the only one who NEEDS to do this."

@PapaFactBoi
Nah it's mean to be lovers on the other side my guy. I mean you are reading a story that literally has the tag Yuri. Unless you missed that tag or something I don't know why it's a problem for you now 14 chapters in.

Some people are calling glasses girl selfish but for me, if the other side put me into that situation, the moment I witness a bunch of bipedal apes butcher a woman, start playing with intestines, then slowly make their way to me is the moment I put the thought of risking my life for someone I don't know into question.

It's realistic; with how much shit she has seen and been through, there's no way her mind wouldn't always try to rationalize her bailing out instead of risking her life for someone that's practically a stranger.

This character is a normal, socially inept girl. Not some OP "I'm so cool I don't give a shit about the situation" MC.

Dex-chan lover
I mean what Sorowa says makes perfect sense. Honestly it’s weirder that she’s cooperated so far. I agree with her.

Dex-chan lover
I mean you could look at the phone call that way but its honestly really stupid to do so
Whats more likely that phonecalls in and out just dont really work and those ghosts are fucking the connection up or that both of you were hallucinating like crazy?
She heard you guys say random shit and you heard her say random shit after she complained about random noises in the background

Users who are viewing this thread