Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Time, Space and a Middle-aged Man IX

Dex-chan lover
Dont do shrooms or you will also be surrounded by sunflowers

@Iwontrow this is kind of a big spoiler so be careful
1-
Yes her eye changes how the otherside and humans interact, to explain this you need to know something from Vol2
Sorawo an Toriko are 4th Kind "survivors" as they got the lucky side of mutations, how the otherside interacts is still pretty unclear but it is mostly explained as how deep it connects with the human psyche
2-
the "illusions" work on a collective side, as Kozakura said once they enter the Otherside something connects with the brain, it is slightly touched during final case of vol 2 as they explain the other 4th Kind, as to how the photos were taken... Well thats just the phenomena at work, same with how the call from the otherside to kozakura was random bs
3- a real big spoiler up to you
Satsuki is the only 4th kind who managed to contact the other beings from the UltraBlue Landscape (the "scientific" name of he otherside) it is hard to explain as it is better to read up to File 8 from volume 2 to not ruin the plot of vol3+

A quick explanation would be how Lovecraft portrayed outer gods as something we cannot describe but give names to vaguely understand them, it is free to interpretation as the story still has the otherside beings from the UBL really vague, as we only read about the phenomena and the monsters

Dex-chan lover
@X-117017: you're right that that was pretty selfish, but it also was the only way for them to 'escape' the monsters quickly closing on them.

Aggregator gang
just imagine how this would look like animated................i cant wait

Aggregator gang
Wow, that... thing looks even more disturbing than I imagined it when I read the novel. Also, that sudden shift where Sorawo suddenly found herself surrounded by flowers all staring down at her... ugh. Creepy.

@Kabeidon_ :
Is that really Satsuki or something inpersonating her? IF IT IS HER SHE MUTATED WAY MORE THAN I THOUGHT LOL

How do you like "Yes and no" as an answer? :p

Satsuki is believed to have passed through the ultablue light and reached... whatever the source of the otherside is. This isn't her real body (assuming she even has one anymore), but it is very likely manifested from her. She appears multiple times in the later novels, often just watching ominously, but at least twice she has appeared to have directly tried to kill both Toriko and Sorawo. Assuming she was ever human in the first place (something I've begun to doubt), she fairly plainly isn't any more.

@kingofhell99 I haven't read it, but it's definitely not completed. Vol. 5 is coming out next month, and I think vol. 6 might be coming in March. This is the vol. 5 cover:
EmDE7odUYAAEtzF

Dex-chan lover
God, the artwork is superb as always, but it stands out even more when are surreal like this. Beautiful, I love it so much. Curious to see where this is going, as always. What's happening now?!
I wonder if the anime can reach this arc. If it does, I look forward to see how it gets animated. Hopefully it isn't disappointing.
Desire to read the LN now +99.

Aggregator gang
@kingofhell99: No, the story isn't over yet. Three volumes are out in English, with a fourth coming out in December. Japan is at four and will have the fifth coming out soon.

To answer the rest of your question:
The girls are all still alive, although they come very close to dying several times. Toriko may have medically died at one point (her heart stopped and she wasn't breathing) but it's hard to say for sure, since she was fine once that particular oddity was dealt with. As for Kozakura, she will be physically unharmed by this event, but ends up traumatized for a while.

EDIT: @reffy: There is no known verified decoding of the Voynich manuscript. Many people have applied many linguistic theories to it and have claimed to have decoded it, but they all come up with different conclusions as to what it is after doing so. None of them have been proven to be correct.

@Madcat6204 Thank you, friend. I was also pretty suspicious of the article since I have seen newer ones claiming that it still hasn't been decoded, hence the "pinch of salt" part.

source.gif

@Clover_Zero i think the anime will atleast cover all of vol1 (this is the final file/arc) which is pretty sad as vol2 has 2 of the best arcs (see file 5 and 8) and the
beach episode with actual plot
If the anime covers all of vol2, man it will be a great one but i doubt it will with 12 chapters.
Read the LN tho, vol4 (English) comes out 27 Dec, sadly no eta for the printed version.

@knowing light novel adaptation I can comftorbly say that the anime will cover AT LEAST 2 volumes but more likely 3 volumes. There will be skipped information. But that's how light novel adaptations be. ;-;

Dex-chan lover
@Reguret Thanks for your information, but as I said in previous chapters' comments (I forgot which one), I have my own reasons that make me unable to read the LN for a while. It's a personal thing that is hard to describel. God knows when I could go back to being that LN binge eater from a few years back lol. Even if there's printed version, not like I'll get it anyway lmao (I'm a 3rd world peasant so it'd be super duper expensive). That said, I do follow LN official English localization market, including for Otherside Picnic of course, so there's that.

vp787 brought up a good point, damn. Even Re: Zero anime, generally hauled as like "superior LN adaptation", skipped some things (even though they tried their best to kept in as much information as possible, it's just very hard with anime runtime). We can only pray for the best, I suppose.

@Clover_Zero just checked MAL of the anime, its going to cover atleast up to File 7(Vol2) seeing that a character introduced in that arc
Akari
is listed, so gotta pray for a good adaptation instead.
Hey, on the other side we get File 6
the beach episode with actual plot
confirmed, even if it they skip some things.

@vp787 well, Otherside Picnic isn't an LN, according to the author it should be considered actual, regular novel. Moreover, Hayakawa (the publisher) never labelled it as an LN.

I don't think we should worry about the faithfulness of the adaptation because both the author and his enthusiastic editor are part of the anime production team. The editor stated many times on Twitter that he and the author attend anime-related meetings with other staff to make sure that the adaptation is as accurate to the novels as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread