Urasekai Picnic

Once again, we are terribly sorry, but the release of chapter 32 will be delayed by a day or two because of its length (40 pages instead of the usual 30).

@Tinytina15 it's very slow developing.
At this point in the manga it's still mostly subtext, but will very definitely become text in the future.

I want to review this on my youtube channel (The Artoon Nerdologist) Should I cut out the guns, and black spheres? or leave it there

Yup, new arc new adventure. I've watched the recent episode of the anime. It is good but the manga is still much better than the anime though...

@HeX-Mania1 not really sure what you're asking? The guns aren't major spoilers in and of themselves. If you're concerned about cultural or legal restrictions on the display of firearms in media, that's something you'd know better than anyone else, since you know your place of residence/audience.

Dex-chan lover
I agree that the anime has a tone problem.

However, rewatching recent episodes, it honestly feels like the most out-of-tone section is the intro and outro (there's a few other sections, like the elevator bit). Neither of them are appropriate for this anime. I actually really like the intro (both the animation and the song), but it just doesn't fit the show. It's too upbeat. I think the intro should have mixed upbeat and depressing sections together (the animation does somewhat but the music doesn't, and even the animation leans on the more 'comedy scary' moments than actual horror).

The outro is just weird. I don't like the animation, the music, or the tone. It's a generic old-school trope explored to death (images of the two characters floating together in a nothingness sea) with a love story tone, which isn't appropriate for the anime (not at this early stage anyway).

I feel like if you cut both the intro and outro from the show and showed the version with them and the version without them to two different audience groups, the version without them would be better received. That's sad.

FFS the anime is such a piece of shit compared to this amazing manga , they ruined it so bad.
@TDSgaming dont read it if you think this is boring and you liked the anime , you should stick to play fortnite or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Episode 5 of the anime came out today, covering Station February. I was concerned they were gonna try to squeeze that complex plot into a single episode but instead they only did the first part of it. This allowed them to give everything the proper build up and ambience necessary to make a really, really good episode. The tone is perfect here for the first time in the series, matching (and maybe even surpassing) the manga. There's no out of place silliness or wackiness here, and it expertly captures some of the nuances of the situation, like the subtle awareness that the situation is changing as they pass through into the Otherside.

Users who are viewing this thread