Urasekai Picnic

I don't like the blonde hair girl toriko or whatever the name is, I'm gonna drop it since it not interesting and feel like boring concept to me, sowwy for everyone get offended lol.

argh~ the anime adaptation is annoying.. its all over the place esp ep7

rip anime, it needs a reboot if possible
also the manga is so good and thx for the translators

One of the few times I actually purchased the LNs and read it...only to be disappointed. I am struggling to get through Vol 4 LN. If you are a yuri fan and the adventure stuff is a bonus then do read LN with manga as well. If you are a genuine horror fan don't bother and read Wakusei Closet instead. Vol 1-5 of the manga present to us an eerie, reality-warping place of dreams and nightmares. Beyond Vol 5 (adapted from LN Vol 2) the main characters start treating the Otherside as their hangout ?! I also have many problems with the characters.
Toriko: she seems mysterious, adult, competent and experienced when she first meets Sorawo but the story shows how empty-headed she is as time goes on. She only has two modes of operation: 1) yay hang out friendship time and 2) Satsuki obsessed. Forget about connecting the dots around Satsuki, she doesn't see any dots. Many of the unprepared encounters they have are caused by Toriko just wanna have fun in Nightmare Zone.
Sorawo: brooding anti-hero protagonist who also views Otherside as their local playground/loot zone. She is a somewhat realistic character but not strategic. Similar to Toriko she doesn't think about the consequences of her actions. Every time a Strange One encounters them she throws a dart hoping it'll be the solution. A few times it backfires and she makes the situation worse but her strategy remains the same. She also fails to think about survival around Toriko and it's all "Wow Toriko is so beautiful!" or "Why does she keep mentioning Satsuki?" She even does this when they are in battles!
Kozakura: the only character with her priorities straight. Unfortunately she keeps being dragged into someone else's mess.
Romance: sweet when they actually talk about their feelings. This does not happen often. Most of the time they talk about mundane, trivial, "Are you OK?" and "You look pale." stuffs when ignoring the elephant Satsuki in the room.
Plot armor: strong enough for this manga to qualify as shounen with yuri romance.

Uggh I was so happy they made an anime adaptation RIGHT after coincidentally reading this. Man, am I disappointed. The anime just skips entire chapters and things stop making sense. After meeting the middle-aged man I couldve sworn they didnt show Toriko looting his AK so I thought they cut that out for the anime, but then randomly in Ep 7 she has it suddenly despite not being shown with it at all? And also in ep seven Sorawo suddenly has her m4 despite the fact that they havent even gone back to save the soldiers yet! Where'd she get the gun!? Why did they decide to skip all over the place in the story like this? T.T It just doesn't make any sense that they would choose to do this. I can only assume they told the author that he would only ever get 12 episodes and he essentially chose to pick his favorite stories from the LN and manga to animate. It's a huge shame but I guess even if people that watch the anime only are going to be confused, at least readers of the LN and manga get to see some of the best parts of the story put to visuals.

Dex-chan lover
Not too bad. Was actually into it. Shame it had to run out there.
Fingers hurting though, and I could do with something lighthearted after all that mind-fuckery.

@Klesk
i feel you man, they did the manga dirty. The same thing happened to Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko
THEY FUCKING SKIP A LOT OF CONTENT, AND FORGOT SOME CHARACTERS!!!!
tenor.gif

Due to a mistake with the raws on our part, the chapter will be delayed by 2 more days. We sincereley apologise for this, and are working as fast as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread