Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki - Vol. 7 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
7e601f297b8194c61fb31dfc2917a614.jpg
:win::win:

Dex-chan lover
Hiatus until February?

God fucking dammit, manga industry. Stop normalizing the bullshit workload levels that make your artists push themselves to illness and sort your shit out. If you gave half a damn about the people that make your precious product you wouldn't have to do 4-month hiatuses because mangaka end up drawing for 18 hours a day without food or sleep or whatever until their bodies literally revolt.

Dex-chan lover
Hiatus until February?

God fucking dammit, manga industry. Stop normalizing the bullshit workload levels that make your artists push themselves to illness and sort your shit out. If you gave half a damn about the people that make your precious product you wouldn't have to do 4-month hiatuses because mangaka end up drawing for 18 hours a day without food or sleep or whatever until their bodies literally revolt.
Damn, how am I going to live until then? But seriously, how many manga are ruined because the industry wants to work the artists to the bone, I still can't accept what happened to D.Grayman.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT A PLACE TO LEAVE IT!!! (Though I absolutely hope the author feels better soon) BUT STILL!!!
I'm so glad Ichi did this though! Screw you, contract!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hiatus until February?

i totally get this and the same with animators but i do think they need to start standing up for themselves too like strike or something or else nothing will change

whatt after this finally-get-to-see-them-go-public but later i saw the hiatus announcement😭😭 hopefully get well soon mangaka, i'll wait with this curiousity. noproblem..

jlc

Double-page supporter
YES! Right there in front of everyone! Woo! I hope they win King and Queen (King and King?) lol

Dex-chan lover
i totally get this and the same with animators but i do think they need to start standing up for themselves too like strike or something or else nothing will change

They can't strike because the manga industry isn't unionized and that won't happen because the work culture of Japan doesn't really like unions all that much (in part because deference to authority means that the idea of strengthening your work group to stand up to your bosses is considered inappropriate and disrespectful. It's much "better" just to shoulder whatever ridiculous burdens are put on you without complaint and gracefully suffer under the misguided hope that it'll get better or you'll get used to it.)

You can kind of see it in the way that standard workplace manga stories tend to go. If someone is abused or mistreated by their employer they almost never quit or stand up against it. instead they just take the abuse, go get drunk afterwards, stumble home, fall asleep, and get up early the next morning to do it all over again until it kills them. Obviously that's going to be exaggerated a bit, but I read some stuff that said union participation is down in Japan in recent years and there's a general sentiment that unions aren't helpful at doing anything.

So if mangaka and animators tried to strike for better working conditions chances are they would just be vilified as being selfish and threatened with replacement because there's thousands more desperate kids coming out of high school who have spent all their free time drawing manga and want nothing more than a shot to prove themselves while being willing to do whatever is asked of them to live their dream.

It honestly feels like the only way things might seriously change is if someone who is responsible for a mega popular series ends up dying because of irrefutable overwork and deadlines and that causes people to revolt.

Users who are viewing this thread