Usagi Drop

Wow what a cute story, such a same it only goes to 24 chapters, but who knows, maybe if the story went on it would have ended with the father - daughter relationship turning into a romance, which would be gross and inappropriate for a variety of reasons. But because this ended in 24 chapters we will never know 🙃

The author wrote emotions really well, like the start with the mc really disgusted and angry at his family but he knows that’s how they always are, when treating rin so he took her in. Prob bc he was living alone and saw the flaws of how him and his family think. like koukis mom pushing him away cause she feels like she shouldn’t be loved but what really was the worse was her remarrying, which makes 0 sense with all that was done with her character. Of course everything after the time skip was horrible, it had no need to be filled with tv like drama. Kouki loving rin but not even telling her and still perusing this older school girl, made no sense and just ruined the wonderful taste in my mouth that pre time skip gave me. Was pretty bad after time skip. Like a comment said in here, this was something but it could have been much more. Sad to see, still don’t know what made the author write such a different time skip to what was written before. Pain.

The author wrote emotions really well, like the start with the mc really disgusted and angry at his family but he knows that’s how they always are, when treating rin so he took her in. Prob bc he was living alone and saw the flaws of how him and his family think. like koukis mom pushing him away cause she feels like she shouldn’t be loved but what really was the worse was her remarrying, which makes 0 sense with all that was done with her character. Of course everything after the time skip was horrible, it had no need to be filled with tv like drama. Kouki loving rin but not even telling her and still perusing this older school girl, made no sense and just ruined the wonderful taste in my mouth that pre time skip gave me. Was pretty bad after time skip. Like a comment said in here, this was something but it could have been much more. Sad to see, still don’t know what made the author write everything post time skip.

I made an account just to give my useless thoughts.

I checked this out after seeing a clip on Youtube, people said to stay away from the manga, but there have been plenty of weird incest stories that work out fine, especially when they're not blood related. But this one just feels bad, I'll come out and say I'd have no real problem if the story started with Rin at 16+ and falling for Daikichi, if they're both eventually consenting adults then I ultimately don't care, especially since Dai has been written to be quite considerate and caring of Rin's feelings.

But the majority of the manga is with Rin being an adorable child, she's innocent, and while there's a time skip it really just feels like you watch her grow up from a cute little girl to a beautiful young lady, you get put into Dai's POV so I was really surprised how the whole "Rin LOVES him" came about. Kouki being such a creep was really bad as well, I get that he's a dumb teen who's in love with her, but he's so forceful about things with a girl who's made it clear she doesn't see him that way, and to top it off HE is the one to spill the beans.

The worst part of all is the literal ending sucks, they're having dinner and we don't even see a reunion, as if a few years at college is a long time anyway, I'd have preferred for everyone to have had a happy ending, Kouki meets a girl and is engaged when he comes back, Rin is expecting and is more grown up so it feels a bit better with her being a more mature woman with a guy twice her age, but it ends so abruptly.

Overall it was a nice story, at least until Rin's feelings came to light, I think most of us would have preferred Dai and Kouki's mother to have gotten together since that actually makes sense. Like I said, weird incest is honestly fine to me if it's done well, at the end of the day it's two consenting people who are fully aware of the potential problems and difficulties it would bring, if siblings and such didn't have a higher chance of birth defects, our societies would be MUCH different if all the inbreeding royals didn't naturally die so early from all the chronic health issues. The story is split between two themes that don't work together, one is a feel good slice of life that warms your heart seeing Rin grow up, the other is a romance against the odds, maybe if Dai was in his early 20's I'd feel better, but yeesh, a guy approaching his 50's being intimate with the girl he raised? It's just wrong.

Such amount of moralfagging and hurt in these comments haha. All of you who came here to say that shit should just go to church instead of reading manga. Your true fellows are waiting for you there. Manga is unchristian and sinful in general, just forget it and save yourselves from hell ;)

seriously tho people should have the right to do what they want in their lives and those who go out of their way to judge are the real worst pricks. this entire storyline is, while not usual, is logical in that she develops feeling for the person who put in most effort and love for her and was there when nobody else was. and daikichi would have been left alone for rest of his life if she left for someone else anyway, which would be the real sadge ending. in that way this unexpectedly works as happy ending for pretty much everyone. of course it could have been written in different way but this is as mangaka envisioned and therefore still correct.
personally tho most curious way to develop story would be if daikichi had met and clicked with masako instead. great and passionate person, even if abandoning her daughter is incomprehensible move. but forgiving that part, it's the best character in this story for me. there's just something enchanting about nerdy average looking women with glasses and hobbies better than gossiping and binge-buying clothes :)

Users who are viewing this thread