Usagi to Kainushi-san - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Honestly what I'm yet to understand is why humans in frankly every type of manga degrade the beast men when they literally look exactly the same, and most likely have the same intelligence (though I'm not so sure about the intelligence of them in this manga) as other ppl. Like ik irl we humans are racist but tis is just a lil outta whack

Dex-chan lover
Honestly what I'm yet to understand is why humans in frankly every type of manga degrade the beast men when they literally look exactly the same, and most likely have the same intelligence (though I'm not so sure about the intelligence of them in this manga) as other ppl. Like ik irl we humans are racist but tis is just a lil outta whack
As you said, we human beings are damn good at dehumanizing ourselves even without any fantastical ears or tails added.

If demihumans existed IRL, they would have totally been burned at the stake by religious extremists without any hesitation or remorse.

t28

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it’s because we can barely live in peace or harmony with each other. We fixate on almost any kind of difference and use it to justify looking down on anyone that is not like “us”.

If you are genuinely interested, look up the psychology of in-groups and out-groups (studies by Tajfel & Turner in 1979)

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it’s because we can barely live in peace or harmony with each other. We fixate on almost any kind of difference and use it to justify looking down on anyone that is not like “us”.
And now these days, ironically, those of the 'in-group' can get so bad that some seek members from the 'out-group' for a stable marriage.

Dex-chan lover
Not just racist or any other "ism".
Some people will find most insignificant thing, then demonize a person and proceed to vent their insecurity or take enjoyment through making persons existence miserable...

Dex-chan lover
Man, let's bet boys.

I bet $10 that this manga will end with MC getting broken, and this rabbit will face the consequences. This underlying feeling of "darkness" in this manga rubs me the wrong way somehow.

Dex-chan lover
She is smart enough to use a microwave but dumb enough to try to touch microwaved food with her bare hands?
Yeah, that's just stupid and author is even dumber.
Who would just got straight to settle their hunger to avoid most obvious thing...
iN8ORYo.gif

Aggregator gang
She honestly doesn't appear to have much more intelligence than just a cat or other small mammal. She can learn simple mechanisms same as Crows or Cats, but doesn't seem to actually understand exactly what it does or the wider situation around her. She doesn't seem to be able to actually talk, she's apparently completely unaware of what's going on around her.

I'm not sure exactly what 'message' this story is trying to go for but it seems really undercut by, y'know, the actual facts of their situation and her intelligence. If the story wants to say that treating her like an animal is wrong then it should probably stop portraying her as just an animal with a human face.

Dex-chan lover
She honestly doesn't appear to have much more intelligence than just a cat or other small mammal. She can learn simple mechanisms same as Crows or Cats, but doesn't seem to actually understand exactly what it does or the wider situation around her. She doesn't seem to be able to actually talk, she's apparently completely unaware of what's going on around her.

I'm not sure exactly what 'message' this story is trying to go for but it seems really undercut by, y'know, the actual facts of their situation and her intelligence. If the story wants to say that treating her like an animal is wrong then it should probably stop portraying her as just an animal with a human face.
If I recall correctly, the last chapter show her being able to form cohesive sentences. And we know she can form rational thoughts inside her head, since during the chapter where we are show how she were treated during dinner, sitting down like an animal.

Fed-Kun's army

She's intelligent enough to do basic chores like cleaning and microwaving food but she isn't allowed to do more since she's apparently clumsy

Users who are viewing this thread