Useless Ponko - Vol. 10 Ch. 78 - Useless Ponko

Dex-chan lover
Let me rant with my native language because i freaking hate this shit....
AH SETAN BABI ASU KENAPA DI AXED ANJING....AAAAAAA KESEL AING TEH !!!

axed. here's some axed threads the author never got to expand on

1. the shadow haunting over old man was resolved through a joke in an end of chapter omake, where it basically got blown away due to the house explosion.

2. the whale talking to ponko and saying she wants to be a real child is never explored on again

3. one thats hinted in this chapter here, is that ponko is the reincarnation or at least a replica of chiaki, or a container for her "soul"

so lets expand on 3.

ponko is more human like than what a robot would be.

everyone who meets ponko at first thinks she's old guy's grand child because of her resemblance to chiaki. yes its a physical resemblance only but it adds up with all the other stuff

ponko, in the early chapters, have already shown her ability to scan things and put it into her system. photos, etc. it is not implausible that ponko had "scanned" chiako either during or after her death to preserve whats left of her

in this chapter, i think everything in the flashback with chiaki and old guy and their activities, have been done in this manga, but with ponko replacing chiaki.

i think the most telling thing is the last scene when they're walking and they hear one more time. ponko hears that, but the old guy didnt say or hear it. so who said it?

it was inside ponko's head. and then the last "thanks, ponko chan", while on the surface it seems like its ponko saying thats what the old guy said to make fun of him or put words in his mouth.

but ponko has never EVER shown that kind of snark or intentional teasing towards the old guy. so why would she say that? especially since it sounded full of sincerity

because it is chiaki inside ponko, who said it. she is thanking ponko for everything.

throughout the manga we were told that the reason ponko got sent to old guy is because it was chiaki's last wish. someone to take care of him when she died.

but this chapter shows the last moments of chiaki and while on the surface it seems like its just the death scene, the subtle hint that supports this theory is that we see what chiaki's last wish REALLY was. it wasn't to make sure the old guys taken care of.

it was to have a stronger body like ponko, so that she could spend more time with her husband.

and if we then apply that to the start of the manga, that ponko is here because of chiaki's wish, then the only way ponko could be fulfilling her wish, is if she is the container of chiaki's soul, or her reincarnation.

combine that with the sophistication of the robots and the amount of mysteries behind them thats unexplored, and with the whale's conversation with ponko, i'm really confident that this would have been explored in depth by the author if it wasnt axed.
Point 3 is kinda dumb since it's already being explained that the Ponko robot line just have a very advanced AI that is capable of developing genuine human feelings (which is where the sister Ponko thread was pointing towards), and it's probably why it was being discontinued as well since those AI was developed for military used (which needs the AI to be autonomous enough to shoot guns and understand tactics and strategy but not too smart to the point of actually being nearly human). And then these bots got sold for civilian use (nurses, farm hand,.....) due to the looks.

What happened is that this Ponko probably got to the grampa's house by her own will and trying to repress (hidden) those memories while being a nurse by an incomplete memory wipe (formatting). Now it resurfaced. Basically the same as the sister Ponko trying to fulfilling the boy's last wish.

Banned
Are these theories? Because the way I see it with all the grim reaper and whale thing are "silly" moments the author includes with no deep meaning whatsoever. And it's rather unfortunate that cutting short serious moments is common practice for this type of comedy manga.

And I don't remember any mention of Ponko being a military robot previously. The PV at the end of volume 9 is a joke. Her having a flamethrower or her fart can lift her up to the sky are just there with no real purpose for the plot.
people really see jokes as plot points lmao

Supporter
axed. here's some axed threads the author never got to expand on

1. the shadow haunting over old man was resolved through a joke in an end of chapter omake, where it basically got blown away due to the house explosion.

2. the whale talking to ponko and saying she wants to be a real child is never explored on again

3. one thats hinted in this chapter here, is that ponko is the reincarnation or at least a replica of chiaki, or a container for her "soul"

so lets expand on 3.

ponko is more human like than what a robot would be.

everyone who meets ponko at first thinks she's old guy's grand child because of her resemblance to chiaki. yes its a physical resemblance only but it adds up with all the other stuff

ponko, in the early chapters, have already shown her ability to scan things and put it into her system. photos, etc. it is not implausible that ponko had "scanned" chiako either during or after her death to preserve whats left of her

in this chapter, i think everything in the flashback with chiaki and old guy and their activities, have been done in this manga, but with ponko replacing chiaki.

i think the most telling thing is the last scene when they're walking and they hear one more time. ponko hears that, but the old guy didnt say or hear it. so who said it?

it was inside ponko's head. and then the last "thanks, ponko chan", while on the surface it seems like its ponko saying thats what the old guy said to make fun of him or put words in his mouth.

but ponko has never EVER shown that kind of snark or intentional teasing towards the old guy. so why would she say that? especially since it sounded full of sincerity

because it is chiaki inside ponko, who said it. she is thanking ponko for everything.

throughout the manga we were told that the reason ponko got sent to old guy is because it was chiaki's last wish. someone to take care of him when she died.

but this chapter shows the last moments of chiaki and while on the surface it seems like its just the death scene, the subtle hint that supports this theory is that we see what chiaki's last wish REALLY was. it wasn't to make sure the old guys taken care of.

it was to have a stronger body like ponko, so that she could spend more time with her husband.

and if we then apply that to the start of the manga, that ponko is here because of chiaki's wish, then the only way ponko could be fulfilling her wish, is if she is the container of chiaki's soul, or her reincarnation.

combine that with the sophistication of the robots and the amount of mysteries behind them thats unexplored, and with the whale's conversation with ponko, i'm really confident that this would have been explored in depth by the author if it wasnt axed.
ponko was "particular" even before the death of chiaki (we see the flashback), she simply understand her desire. The true last mystery was the war and the fact that ponko was a combat robot, something in the war make her what she is...

Users who are viewing this thread