Useless Ponko - Vol. 6 Ch. 41 - Running Ponko

Dex-chan lover
Ponko accidentally drove into the sea because she didn't know where she's going was a dead end.
But the advanced robot knowingly drove into the sea, endangering the two humans he(?)'s driving. Who's the defective robot now?

Dex-chan lover
Ponko is a banned, discontinued autonomous combat robot retrofitted for civilian purposes with an X-Buster in one of her arms.

i can't wait to learn more about this.

my understanding is that 30 years ago, after the war, production of humanoid robots ceased due to regulation. then, they decided to grandfather in any humanoid robots already in service. i assume they are just waiting for the robots to reach "end of life", at which point they recyle them.

but if humanoid robots were part of the reason for the war, why are they still in service? why haven't their weapons been deactivated? why weren't they recycled immediately? if humanoid robots like ponko and her sister can break the laws of robotics, it seems like a really bad idea for them to be out in the world...

i want answers. but, its slice of life, so i'm sure we'll learn a few scraps of information in a year or so...

lesson to learn here, for a smart child... if you smart enough to understand thing, you need to act dumb ..... just dumb enough to trick your parent to let you live your OWN life.

Dex-chan lover
both ponkos are defective as they can't even frikking keep their owners safe

Dex-chan lover
Tiger mom got over it fast, though that kidnapping was a traumatic event so maybe it's understandable.

If "Karen" is specific to whites then it's an ethnic slur.

Fed-Kun's army
@herbderb98
on tonight's program
I break the laws of robotics!
we all have a generic lesson about parenting!
and a supposedly non-defective robot drives into the sea

Dex-chan lover
Page 16:
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (HOLY SHIT)
WILL ALWAYS
LOOOOVE YOOOOOU!
<End Card, credit roll>

Supporter
@runrin Possible that she was made as a spy unit. Seems that when she isn't malfunctioning she can easily pass for human. Company that made her may have been a super secret thing and it just so happened that everyone who knew about was killed in the war so when it went bankrupt no one knew what it really was. Assets get bought by the housekeeping association and repurposed without anyone actually knowing their true purpose. Overall there are some really cool places they could take this.

Dex-chan lover
@saphirekosmos the only weird thing about that is that ponko looks like a gradeschool kid, so i can't imagine she would be very useful as a spy. unless you want to spy on elementary schoolers. :p

Dex-chan lover
Finally, Yuuna made the robot comparison. I don't know what her mother was thinking, supposedly wanting her to "live whatever life she wanted" but being so controlling of her. And the same goes for a lot of other parents.

Dex-chan lover
btw, i feel like this panel is almost a 1 to 1 homage to another manga, but i can't remember where i saw it. either that or its just a common way to draw someone on a bike/scooter. anyone know?

HW6cUfS.png

That full-page airborne panel was just frikken awesome! Who knew Ponko could fly! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread