User specific "Note Section" next to chapter number (outside links)

In the past few months I've watched many series get pulled by scanlators or licensed and thus getting removed from MangaDex.

I still use MangaDex, as it's my most efficient, user friendly way to organize all my reading collection, but I'm jumping from site to site more and more.

One way to circumvent the trouble that arises from simply not remembering which website has which manga, would be to add a Note Section (similar to the chapter number section) where we could each make our own notes/ paste the link we're using, and they would be owned by each user and not MangaDex, remaining completely ethical and legal.

I believe this would no doubt be a great improvement toward an even better "dex" platform

:)

Miku best girl
Admin
Do you mean each title has a notes section per user? That wouldn't be feasible because think of how much info we'd need to store (number of titles x number of users)

However, allowing each user to have their own private "notepad" is doable.

Dex-chan lover
Notes could be cookies, in which case storage would be on the client side.

@Holo

qmaxGBQ

https://imgur.com/a/qmaxGBQ

^ example

Miku best girl
Admin
@MPina

I see what you mean.

And presumably you would manually update the progress tracker after reading it elsewhere.

@Holo Exactly, it's the only way to keep track once the scanlators pull the chapters from mangadex and don't offer a better alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread