Usogui - Vol. 18 Ch. 195 - The Fate Of A Referee

Dex-chan lover
So Old Man Nowa is definitely still referee no. 1, and it definitely seems Midara is dead now. That's a shame, his personality was really interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Again with the sound effects! Really enjoying how much of a vaguely-supernatural battle shounen this manga turns out to be.

Too lazy to read too closely, so can someone remind me if murder case C was the only panel in which the real alibi was to be revealed? This would've happened earlier is my assumption, but none of the other cases had fall guys to prove innocent before revealing the true culprit, correct?

Double-page supporter
@Lithe

Yeah, murder case C was the only panel in which the alibi thing was mentioned. Which does seem weird, since the other cases are presumably L-File crimes too.

I'm thinking it'll be cleared up as we learn more about the case though. Or maybe Baku intentionally did this only for the 'last' crime? Maybe he intended for the broadcast to be stopped/for the crime to not be fully revealed. I feel like this is a detail the author definitely wouldn't overlook.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you @catx3 and @a2j04vm0

Naturally having the more heinous crimes chosen first makes sense as to why the murder would be the only one with an alibi - Baku simply had more to pick from in both cases ('unsolved' lesser crimes and 'solved' murders). I didn't really pay much attention to the "clip dialogue" that Baku would have prepared before confronting the director, but I simply assumed that in each clip the crime was basically 'unsolved' except for the murder.

The whole timing of Kakerou showing up was probably at least calculated by Baku since even Midara didn't know a murder had a Kakerou-taken alibi until the panel was revealed first. When that happened both Kakerou parties presumably moved very quickly, something that Baku would most certainly have considered, along with the possibility of the murder panel never being revealed at all. I think he must be playing a game where the risk to his life and plans is minimal and thus could be said that most outcomes benefit him.

This is the long-term implication I was hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread