Usogui - Vol. 40 Ch. 437 - "39" Or "8"

Dex-chan lover
I’m not sure if I can really call their relationship a friendship, but the growing collaboration between these two throughout the series is honestly pretty rad.

Fed-Kun's army
So does it mean whatever hand has been play -- cards of said hand get nullified for later hands? (If what I said makes any sense.)

Regardless, I'm still clueless on how poker's played. I'll try to understand as we go. Lol

Dex-chan lover
@saxifraga
What you said makes sense, and with what Kaji's figured out, it does look like that's the case.

For you, and anyone else who's confused about poker hands, here's a rundown (spoiler tagged due to length)
In terms of ranking, from strongest to weakest hands:

1. Straight Flush: When numbers are all consecutive, and the suits of all 5 cards are the same, Ex. A-2-3-4-5 of clubs. The best version of this hand, 10-J-Q-K-A, is known as a Royal Straight Flush. If multiple players have a straight flush, the highest card value from each hand is compared to determine the winner.

2. Four of a Kind: This is when you have all suit of a given number, Ex. A-A-A-A-4. If multiple players have this, the player with a higher card value for the Four of a Kind has the better hand.

3. Full House: This is when you have 3 suits of one number, and 2 suits of another, Ex. 2-2-2-A-A. If multiple players have this, the player with a higher card value for the Three of a Kind has the better hand.

4. Flush: This is when you have 5 cards of the same suit that are not consecutive, Ex. 4-6-7-J-Q of hearts. If multiple players have this, the player with the highest single card value has the better hand.

5. Straight: This is when you have 5 consecutive cards, but not of the same suit, Ex. Clubs(4-5-6), Spades (7-8). If multiple players have this, the player with the highest single card value has the better hand.

6. Three of a Kind: This is when you have 3 suits of one number, and the other 2 cards don't make a pair. Ex. 3-3-3-2-4. If multiple players have this, the player with a higher card value for the Three of a Kind has the better hand.

7. Two Pair: This is when you have 2 suits of two different numbers, Ex. 2-2-4-4-3. If multiple players have this, the player with the pair that has the highest card value has the better hand.

8. One Pair: When you have 2 suits of one number, and 3 other numbers, Ex. 2-2-A-3-4. If multiple players have this, the player with the higher card value for their pair has the better hand.

9. High Card: If none of the other conditions are met, Ex. Spades(A-2-4)Clubs(6-J).

From what we know right now, all straights should be straight flushes, and none of the hands should be a flush. This can be flipped on its head if the law for deciding cards isn't based on "Best possible hand". Additionally, sometimes suits have a ranking as well, but I'm not sure if this game uses that.

Hopefully it helps!

Double-page supporter
It's coming together now. So the betting is your gamble of what cards have been used up, making betting relevant even once the trick of the cards is known.

Fed-Kun's army
So if what Kaji said it's true, that the number on the cards are the sum of poker hands & the fact that the sum will always be the stronger hands (unless a card have already been used in the previous round). Then 8=2 2 2 A A & 39=9 9 9 9 3.

With the knowledge of the poker hands of previous cards, this means that there are no 9, 8 & 2 cards left, only one Ace left, two 3&4 cards, and three 5 cards.

Then Lalo & Baku's cards possibilities (with K=13,Q=12,J=11&A=1) in order of the strongest poker hands is:
(The cards are below consist of just the top 4 poker ranks because the rest of the poker rank, e.g. flush & 3 of a kind, just have too many possibilities)

Lalo
63 (Note that 63 can only be consist of those two sums)
13 13 13 13 11
13 13 13 12 12

1 13 12 11 10
11 11 11 11 3
10 10 10 10 7
13 13 13 4 4
11 11 11 7 7
7 7 7 13 13

10 10 10 10 4
12 12 12 4 4
10 10 10 7 7
6 6 6 13 13

Baku
11 11 11 11 1
10 10 10 10 5
13 13 13 3 3
11 11 11 6 6
7 7 7 12 12

6 6 6 4 4

3 4 5 6 7
6 6 6 6 1

Looking at this, it seems like Baku may have the upper hand here. His 26 & 25 are mostly likely to be a full house & a straight flush respectively (since if 26=6 6 6 4 4 then it's not possible that 25=6 6 6 6 1) & those cards doesn't interfere with Lalo's cards too much. By interfereing, I mean if you look at Lalo's card, they mostly consist of the K,Q,J&10. Depending on which cards are presented in the next round, Lalo's card (&Baku's card 45) will change & it add a layer of complexity to it. I think that is where the mind games will come in.

Of course, it's possible that Baku is actually in a disadvantage here. If somehow, due to the way the next few rounds are played, 44 becomes 6 6 6 13 13. Then 26 won't be able to be 6 6 6 4 4 & the highest rank that 26 can be is a flush (which is just any number with the same suit so I don't think it's possible that any card could be lower than flush but I could be wrong). Likewise if 47=13 13 13 4 4, then it's possible that 26&25 may not be 6 6 6 4 4 & 3 4 5 6 7 respectively. In short, Lalo's cards have more possibility in having a higher rank than Baku's card.

There's also an issue that may be related to the calamity. If in the next round, 63&45 is played then they will clash since the cards will be 13 13 13 13 11 & 11 11 11 11 1 respectively. This might be the calamity. I'm just not sure how will they decide which card is the winner.

Edit:@Veshv Isn't the card being flush still a possibility from what we know. Flush is just any number with the same suits, I don't see how it not possible for the card to be a flush.

Dex-chan lover
@RapidLord
It's in the sense that every hand that can be a flush (meaning straights), will be a flush by default. That being said, it's probable that hands might just become flushes after everything Full House or higher is used up (specifically in the case of 25/26). I find it difficult to account for flushes with the law, so I'm not sure how to incorporate it.

Dex-chan lover
After last chapter's comments I kinda wonder if strapping yourself to the chair is a way to prevent yourself from 'relaxing' or if the refs wouldn't just make a judgment call.

But why did Lalo raise at all?He should have just called when baku bet 2 bios.That way if Lalo wins the round, he is in the safe zone and wins the game.And if he loses he just loses 4 bios and is still ahead of baku.

Furthermore,the air reserve strategy can trick lalo into thinking he is in the safe zone when baku loses at some point,and he ends up folding all the rest of the games which gives baku all the ante and thus baku wins.

Power Uploader
@troita
Because raising takes time.
Lalo wants to kill Baku by drowning him.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/851457/8
In this page, Lalo thought it'd take tens of seconds before the result came out, but in this chapter, the result came out right after the bet was set.
If his assumption was right, Baku would have been dead.

@a2j04vm0
That does make sense.But I don't think it is such a good strategy since Lalo doesn't really know how long can baku hold his breath.Moreover if baku thought he couldn't do it,he would just not bet the last bios.
Not raising at all is just a safer strategy imo.

Power Uploader
@troita
https://mangadex.org/chapter/851457/8
In this page, Lalo thought it'd take tens of seconds before the result came out, but in this chapter, the result came out right after the bet was set.
If his assumption was right, Baku would have been dead.

@a2j04vm0
Yeah, that does clear things up.
Edit: Come to think of it,maybe that's why Ref shion apologized on Pg9 ch 433,because he was supposed to announce the result right away.But he wasted time talking to Manabe,and delayed the announcement of the result thus misleading the players about the exact time given to each process.

Dex-chan lover
If Kaji is right then the calamity probably refers to playing a hand that is impossible to make because the combinations of cards needed to form the number have been used already, so the card becomes a death card.

Users who are viewing this thread