Usogui - Vol. 41 Ch. 446 - The Helping Hands

Dex-chan lover
that's surprising i know he's technically just "hal" atm but isn't it kinda pointless to have a surpass the leader match afterwards if kagerou's leader just straights up dies from this gamble.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, looks like the 2v2 theory is right.

Btw about Baku carving something on the table, Lalo mentioned it might be a mnemonic. From a google search, mnemonic is a memory device/learning technique kinda like acronyms. What on earth is Baku doing making mnemonic on the table, is he trying to remember the poker cards that been used or something to save air bios? Sound like a bad idea, carving your thoughts down where the enemy can see it.

Edit: Lalo mentioned that he might be signalling. Is Baku trying to signal Hal? Is it even possible?

Edit2: Can you even signal using mnemonic? Nothing came up in the google search. Is Lalo just wrong? Was there something wrong with the translation? I'm so confuse right now.

Fukurou looks absolutely menacing man. You can feel his commanding presence through the author's brilliant art.

Remember when Baku lose surpassing the leader, Souichi said that if Baku chose poker as the game, he would've won. Guess what, karma bite yo ass Souichi. No escaping from poker my dude.

Wasnt Leader point to avoid a 'surpassing the leader' ?
Is he planning to have both Lalo and Baku killed in this game ? All he did since the begining of this BAN to have his development failed miserably... seems like he would rather face Baku than Lalo. it's understandable lore wise, but still...
I dont believe that he has so called of a next plan uber-plan which would outsmart both Lalo and Baku to prevent surpassing the leader from happening.

Fed-Kun's army
@Solano
No, Baku mentioned that Hal is someone who follows rules & since Baku choose Hal to be his ally then Hal will follow the rules of the gamble & do his best to be an ally to Baku. Hal avoiding suppress the leader is just something Baku say to Lalo to trick him to thinking Hal is not his ally.

With this being a 2 vs 2 and it seems like the players above are choosing the cards, the name Air Poker is even more brilliant than I thought. The players in the bottom are playing for air, hence the name Air Poker. The players above are playing with no cards, hence "Air" Poker (like "in thin air" meaning invisible or nonexistent).

Fed-Kun's army
@ricky_rk7
You might be right, but writing his thoughts/plans on the table in front of his opponent just doesn't seems like something Baku would do, even if it's in code. At this point I think Lalo is just completely wrong on what Baku is doing.

What if Baku is using the carvings to communicate with Hal ?

Water and metal are great at transmitting vibration. And Hal and Baku are all inside the same structure, meaning, the vibration Baku make below could reach the top.
Carving the law on the table would then not only be a way to tell Lalo the law and make him think more, but also as a way to see if he could talk to Hal that way.

Then the following marks being mnemonics is just a distraction while the true intent is to talk with Hal.
There is also a risk that Lalo or Fukurou notice it but giving away the law being just a distraction is the type of misdirection we can expect from Baku and from this manga.

Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind that Hal made this round into a calamity on purpose. The question is, why?

Double-page supporter
hoo boy
But what's really amazing is the readers/commenters here who figured this shit out so quickly

Fed-Kun's army
@vaur
I find that hard to believe. I know that sounds travel faster in solid & liquid but the glass cage that Baku & Lalo is in is really tall in stature, can sounds really travel that far? Plus won't Baku need to scratch the table really hard to allow the signal to travel to Hal, is that physically possible for someone like Baku who is really weak? I'm no expert at these sort of things so maybe it's possible, but intuitively I feel like this theory is a bit out there. I might believe this theory a bit more if Baku was banging the table or something like that to communicate but I find it really hard to believe that some scratches on a table can produce sounds that travel that far.

Contributor
I'm guessing what's been happening is that the chairs both Hal and Fukurou are seated in transmit electrical signals to their brains to imitate impalement, or maybe I'm reading too much into this. There are what look like cables connecting to the back of the chairs and the Iron Maidens. Perhaps the signals are being transmitted through their spinal cords.

@RapidLord

Not Sounds, vibrations. And in normal situation ... it wouldn't work, however the cage in the center of the panopticon is made as a single structure. Both tables are bolted down to it.
Which ... makes sense if its used to interrogate people. You don't want them to be able to fight back by flipping the table right ?

Now here is the question, what material is the table made off ? Tables are often made of wood however it wouldn't be good with water since the rooms are made to torture the prisoners by immersing them in water. Plastic is another option, but wouldn't fit. My thinking is that the table is made of the same material as the rest of the structure.

In chapter 433 page 8 during the first round, Baku tapped on the table.
There is 2 options as to why he could be doing that, first to check what the table is made off. Second, could he use tapping as a way to communicate.

Now let's think, if the table is made of metal and Baku used the corner of the cards to carve on it, in normal situation it would make some serious noise. However carving on metal would also generate a lot of vibration that could easily go from the table to the rest of the cage. Think of it as scrapping the side of a car with keys, it doesnt require much force, but would make lot of noise. Here, replace noise by vibration through the metal.

Users who are viewing this thread