Usogui - Vol. 42 Ch. 456 - The Suicidal Raise

Fed-Kun's army
@Poooqwww Highly likely that Hal intentionally lost 3rd round in order to mess up the remaining available hands. If that's the case, the last hand will be nothing but junk, but Hal will be at an advantage since he know that Fukuro will assemble the best hand, hence only Hal know what the remaining cards are.

Aggregator gang
Wait what page hinted that Hal lost the previous round

Big brain moment

Dex-chan lover
@nhattminhh
That didn't happen. Both players know the used cards because it gets announced what each player chose for their hand after the round is over.

Fukurou screwed up and chose the King of Hearts as part of his Full House. That's the only King that's currently unavailable, and he already was clearly on the right track with the Full House. But how he managed to mess that up confuses me.

Thoughts about what'll happen this round:
Personally, I was of the mind that Baku would fold this hand, and Hal would create an invalid hand himself, with repeating cards. Though with this, that would mean the round has to be repeated. So maybe Hal instead chose to create a trash hand with cards that are in fact available, which means he technically wins this hand, regardless of what Baku does from here.

Dex-chan lover
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love this fucking manga

thank you duwang!

Dex-chan lover
@Veshv How the hell did Fukurou forget the suit of his own Royal Straight Flush that he created just last round and caused the calamity? All he had to do was not use the King or Queen of hearts. It would be boring if Baku won because of such a fuck up, so I didn't think it was possible. There must be something else going on. I still think Souichi will create a lesser hand in order to be able to use the strongest version of 25 to win the last round.

Oh boy. Here I thought Souichi would turn his brain off and throw this round, but it seems the opposite has happened. Also, he curled up his pinky without moving his ring finger (try it), he can even control his joints now, wow. Also each eye individually. Awakened Souichi is scary. Let's see how this goes.

@299792458
I think Fukurou was preoccupied with something else that made him make such a simple mistake. Page 6 and 7 makes it seems that there is something else important enough that Fukurou was willing to think about other than just the cards. Now what that could be I have no idea.

I'm also curious why the name flashback came up again. The meaning behind the name Hal and that 87. Pretty sure there is some deep meaning there.

Also, can someone confirm if the sfx on page 9 is the same as chapter 445 where Baku was slamming the table in frustration? I think I remember in the comments in that part that there were mentions of using sound to communicate, and I think that blurry image of page 9 is the slamming that Baku did.

Edit: You know what, I'm an idiot. Assuming that Baku did send a signal to Hal through sound, then it makes sense that both Hal and Fukurou could both hear it. I'm thinking then what he was preoccupied with is the message Baku send.

Dex-chan lover
@299792458
You're right, that's exactly why I'm so confused. He definitely used the wrong suit, because there's no other explanation for invalid hand, since he clearly visualized the Full House earlier.

I agree with you that Hal's going to throw away the 26, be it with an invalid hand or a trash hand, but ultimately, I think my (and a lot of other peoples') question is: How can Hal know about the 25? The idea of 26 being played first as a throwaway is something that could cross his mind, but to believe and act on that idea is a completely different matter. I can only reason as far as Hal believing the basic idea of Baku's last card, which would be a straight flush.

Am I missing something or is a full house of ks & qs 68 and not 63?

@dbpop
K = 13
Q = 12

13*3 + 12*2 = 39 + 24 = 63

@xkcdhawk The meaning behind the name Hal is that Hachina always thinks one step ahead, like a computer: https://mangadex.org/chapter/705471/17

Which again, would make sense that when Baku said "I'm betting on you Hal", he is in fact betting on him to think one step ahead and throw this round in order to win the final round. But then the rest of this chapter happened and confused the hell out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread