Usogui - Vol. 42 Ch. 456 - The Suicidal Raise

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks Team Duwang!

Like many people, I was sure that Hal would throw his hand away with something like 7 7 5 4 3, so that he could use the straight flush for the final round AND force a calamity upon Lalo (since Fukurou would need the 7 of Hal's straight flush to make his full house)
But making Fukurou miss? That's far more impressive - godlike, even - considering this guy is said to be an invincible poker player.
I really do wonder how Hal pushed him to make a mistake.

EDIT: I was just thinking... maybe Fukurou's mistake is genuine, and just a way for the author to make Baku's folding more dramatic afterwards? After all, Baku can still decide not to raise, which would appear as a huge loss considering Lalo has an invalid hand. But we all know that Baku doesn't bet on luck ; it would be in character.

Double-page supporter
I've re-read this over and over and don't understand how Fukurou could have made such a mistake when the cards are revealed every round. The only hint we have is his hesitation when he thinks Hal is acting weird. There's something there, but I don't have an inkling of what happened. It's possible he threw the hand, but considering his reaction I doubt it. There has to be something else going on here. I'll enjoy reading the Duwang summary for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread