Usogui - Vol. 47 Ch. 508 - The Unveiled Destiny

Baku's trying to reset? Is he trying to take the liquid little by little?

Is that why he said he doesn't have safe strategy anymore? Since it seems like Baku is trying to avoid filling the tube.

Hmmmm

I'm glad Gakuto got introduced as an ally for leader.

That's true. Because of which it's hard to tell who's the protagonist and who's the antagonist.

Unlike other games in this manga this feels straight up like simply two people competing against each other and we are simply watching it.

Truly genius writing.

My only thing is what does leader gain with this successful check from Baku?

The question is what has he seen?

Contributor
Holy hell, that turn-around. Gakuto and Kaji's flipped reactions describe the readers' reactions perfectly.

Group Leader
Holy hell, that's nuts.
My guess is that
Baku intended to die first in hopes that Yakou won't be physically able to perform another revival afterwards.

@belkrax some people already humorously theorize that Baku is actually not physically weak and he's hiding it after all this time. Crazy I know.

Although unlikely, it's an interesting theory since in the film 'The Prestige', a magician actually faked his entire life off stage and on stage just to keep his trick secret. Baku has that crazy mentality and I think it fits Baku well to hide his long con right until the very endgame gamble.

I still prefer Baku being actually weak though since it's just hilarious seeing him catching his breath everytime.

Such a good chapter, can't help but respect the author!

My theory here is Baku wants to get to 9am in as few rounds as possible even if that means dying a couple more times. Perhaps he's worried that the more time goes on (i.e. measured), the more likely Leader will notice the trick behind it.

Since nobody has mentioned it, Ill bring up the theory that seems crazier than any other: Baku isn't trying to win, he knows he doesn't have much longer, and aside from that, is trying to save his former friend.
I know its farfetched, but I think its at least worth considering.

Double-page supporter
oh shit, I actually guessed this one. I'm glad I foresaw it, but I still don't know what the benefit would be in turning around immediately to fail a check vs just waiting the entire minute for the penalty of not checking.

The Kaji and Gakuto reactions are just as fun as the match.

Users who are viewing this thread