Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 531 - A Clear Ending

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_à_deux
It is not just a stylistic device.
And this part fits pretty well:
Folie simultanée describes either the situation where two people considered to suffer independently from psychosis influence the content of each other's delusions so they become identical or strikingly similar, or one in which two people "morbidly predisposed" to delusional psychosis mutually trigger symptoms in each other.
Considering how close to death both are, with all that happened to them, having a little shared hallucination is probably the cutest thing that happened to them today.

Amazing how a gambling manga can be so good when you put personal history between the players. This is basically 'someone fighting a whole organization and turns out his friend is the leader', but since this is a gambling manga where 'thirst' is potrayed as the main driving force, the story doesn't feel cheesy. I really wonder where Sako Toshio get his inspiration from

Its... over? Will have to re-read this whole StL arc again. As of now the conclusion doesn't feel anywhere near satisfying as Air Poker's, though tbf air poker is easily my favourite arc hands down.

Not the first time this happened. 'member kyara during the refs challenge.

Fed-Kun's army
I just realised on pg 14, it said that Kiruma 'could not continue the game due to him dying' which is weird since on all of Baku's other opponents it just said that they were dead. And the word 'dying' means that Kiruma is not dead maybe? That he can still be revived if the CPR continues. Maybe we'll see him alive in a few chapters. Though Baku and Yakou said that they won't look back, maybe this means they are letting him die.

Contributor
@RapidLord I think that was stylistic choice. It implies that our boy Souichi's spirit was so strong that he could've "won" from beyond the grave. Sharing in a delusion that the guy you fear and respect the most is somehow alive is one of the miracles that deep down both Yakou and Baku were afraid of. It's impossible, unrealistic, yet believable. This was Souichi's legacy, and the man made everything seem possible if it was him. Souichi was perfection. This whole are was about the fear of all that effort and time spent trying to surpass perfection becoming meaningless, hence why we had chapters talking about losses, gains, and destiny.

Can't believe this is the last gamble. There's no way we'll get another. I can't wait to see the aftermath of everything. So many ends to tie up.

Group Leader
Damn, what a finish. I know plenty of people suspected this, but that presentation was perfect.

@Ominous
What you just said comforted me in the fact Souichi isnt dead... When we look at the mangas, Baku only fought and killed "bad" guys. Kiruma would actually be the very first good buy, since we can hardly said Kiruma is "bad", we've seen Baku killed ? i dont buy that, their rivality was in the weird sense "healthy" considering the world they're both evolving..
Baku is undoutly a good person. Baku "won" Kaji, he "owns" him.. yet Baku will never force him to do something he doesnt want to do.

Plus for all we know the time of dying during the game was frame by the rules rule here meaning you can "die" aka being in a coma for more than 3 min, lose the game, and still come back later.

Dex-chan lover
Kiruma couldnt continue but Hal is alive, Marco was holding an AED for him in the last chap too

Users who are viewing this thread