Usogui

@arsonel Is it gambling is everyone is cheating and everyone's trying to kill one another with near magical level of martial arts?

Dex-chan lover
@BigCoffee The absurdity of the martial arts aside, how is it not gambling? The vast majority of gambling manga out there have characters cheating extremely often, so I don't see your reasoning.

@BigCoffee If there aren't some form of cheating or strategies then what's the point of writing a gambling manga? where's the entertainment in that?

Am I the only one having a hard time following the plot now? Feels like the story keeps jumping everywhere...

Dex-chan lover
wow i thought he was just a figurehead didn't know the crippled grandpa was so op.

I have reread this three times and the later the plot goes the more I cant understand what the fuck is happening. Help someone more competent than I, please explain the last three arcs. It keeps jumping and I cant keep up

Double-page supporter
@Eibhai
We'll likely have an arc review at the end of Protoporos. But yeah, it's tough to follow, there are tons of details which are easy to forget since you can't read it all in one-shot. I'll try at giving a review for now:

After the Tower Arc
-Leader loses his memory, escapes Kakerou referees because he doesn't want them to know that he has memory loss issues.
-Leader now becomes "Hachina", and meets Gakuto while escaping, and since Gakuto helps him escape, Hachina helps him with his business concerning stolen military weapons.
-That leads to the battleship arc, where Hachina coincidentally ends up taking out two Ideal members (Captain & Voja), and getting their boss's diamonds.
(fun fact: the chairs they used in the battleship game were also used to interrogate jewelers for their diamonds, so the Captain was collecting them for Ideal's boss)
-Hachina also gets Voja's cellphone, which has the contact information of Ideal's boss, Vincent Lalo.

Bookstore Arc
-It turns out that during the whole battleship arc, Hachina was waiting for a book order to be completed to regain his memory. The book ordering was a secret method of contacting Eba, one of the few people to know about his memory loss. So the reason why he was helping Gakuto's business instead of trying to recover his memory, was because he was simply waiting for the book order and had nothing better to do.
-Hachina meets Baku there, and it's revealed that Baku owns the bookstore, and thus has intercepted the Eba's contact method. We also learn that Baku has also met Hachina in the past, in the same exact circumstance, where Hachina lost his memory both times.
-We learn that past Hachina, or "Hal", worked together with young Baku for awhile, and even wanted to permanently joined him as a companion, even if it meant going against his own father, who was the leader of Kakerou at the time.
-However, Hal loses against Fukurou in a mysterious match. Not only that, but he also loses his memory again, seemingly when the match ended. As a result, he completely forgets about his time with Baku. Eba also dies because of the match.
-Fast forwarding to the first Surpassing the Leader match, we learn that Baku supposedly threw this match in order to throw away his "bonds" with Hal, who succeeded his father as Kakerou's leader. We also learn that he's been setting up and preparing for a lot of the gambles that have happened in the story: in particular, he inspired the police to make the L-File which set up the Labyrinth -> Tower -> Protoporos arc, he was already researching Rodem/Marco, and he was also preparing for Kyara to become his real ally.
-Now in the present time of the bookstore arc: Hachina realizes that Eba is dead since Baku owns the bookstore, and has figured out that Baku has suspiciously ambushed him there.
-Hachina decides instead of trying to recovery his memory, he invites Baku to a 3-way talk with Vincent Lalo, which leads to the next arc.

Protoporos Arc
-Hachina forces Vincent Lalo to have a death match with Baku for surpassing the leader, by using the diamonds obtained in the Battleship arc.
-Baku declares Hachina or Hal as his ally in the match, while heavily implying that they're enemies (likely as a bluff to Lalo).
-A 5v5 match starts inside a "three kingdoms" real-life pvp mmorpg set on some random, hidden island.
-Baku destroys all the Tipa slaves in a gamble, but also makes them his allies at the same time.
-Lalo begins destroying Azura slaves AND citizens, completely bankrupting the citizens into becoming slaves. (At this point, he has already started his 'immortal slaves' strategy)
-Lalo sends Robert K. to have a match with Kyara at the colosseum, loser leaves the island. For Lalo, this was a double play where: Robert K. was actually manipulating the match result for Lalo to get more money from the colosseum bet, and even if Robert K. lost, Robert K. would cause a big distraction, so that Kakerou doesn't notice that Lalo blackmailed a citizen into leaving the island and contacting his allies.
-Baku uses Kyara & Marco to make big money at the colosseum, and also ends up blackmailing the colosseum manager into letting them abuse the colosseum to get levels quickly.
-Kaji faces Floyd Lee in a battle for the Azura fortress. Kaji wins, but Floyd achieves his objective of taking the bios of all the Azura players in that fortress, forcing them to became slaves. (Immortal slaves #2)
-Hal also comes in and steals the fortress from Kaji, while being witnessed by Floyd (so that Lalo believes that Hal is Baku's enemy), and also sends a secret message to Baku through Kaji confirming their alliance and strategy. ("Build rome in one day" -> Become the kaiser on the last day by tricking Lalo into becoming the kaiser one day too early, more on that later)
-Baku sends Kyara to conquer the outlaws. Turns out, Jonglyo has already conquered them, and has been using them to rob players of all kingdoms. (Immortal slaves #3 + getting funds to buy the armor)
-Kyara succeeds, but loses his life for it. Baku orders the outlaws to take out all the higher level players of all kingdoms, so that the "Build rome in one day" strategy will succeed. (The goal is to make it so that the only people who are eligible to start as kings after the reset, are Baku's allies, so he'll instantly become Kaiser in one day. Kaisers are ineligible in starting as a king, so Lalo will be forced to start as a citizen instead of a king.)
-Baku loses a finger in his gamble in becoming King vs Neronero. But losing the finger was actually a trick to make it seem like he was desperate to becoming King to Lalo, so that Lalo wouldn't suspect that his real goal was to actually lose his "kingship" on purpose to make Lalo become the kaiser.
-Lalo & Baku buy out all the food, causing a food shortage. Lalo sells food back at a premium, making enough money to fund his "immortal slaves" strategy. He's also buying time in order to get the strategy ready. To do that, he puts drugs into the food he sold. The drugs were obtained from his allies outside the island. The drugs also end up making the players become more angry and chaotic too, which later ends up causing riots.
-Baku sends Kaji to Hal, so he can take Shoudo's castle discretely. Since Hal & Baku are allies, the Kakerou gamble that Nobuko and Kaji played was just a fixed game that didn't need to be shown.
-The colosseum manager prepares for a special event which will greatly level up Baku's allies. This news was intercepted by Lalo's men, and this prompts Lalo to attack Tipa, as he wants to do it before Baku's forces get any stronger. But it was actually a bait by Baku, to trick Lalo into attacking Tipa one day too early.
-Lalo takes out Baku in the game. Lalo ends up becoming the Kaiser unintentionally, as he didn't know that Baku had already taken out Shoudo.

Protoporos Nightmare
-The kaiser festival has started, Lalo is now the kaiser, but the game will reset in 7 days, but the Ban match ends in 8 days. Because Lalo is the kaiser, he will not start as a king after the game resets, meaning it will be extremely difficult for him to win, because he'll only have one day to become a kaiser from a citizen.
-Lalo's allies have infiltrated the island. Lalo is now using them to try and bring the game back. Using his violence, he starts: attacking Kakerou referees, forcibly trying to change the game's code through Arata & the developers, and attacking Baku's allies (specifically the ones that can become kings).
-Anticipating Lalo's violence, Baku and his allies go into hiding. But they're in a rough spot since they need to charge their vests or else they'll lose their eligibility in becoming kings. And charging the vest results in them being detected by the developers' tablet. And one of the developers' tablet was stolen by Lalo's allies.
-The island is going crazy, the players seem to be experiencing another food shortage, and public order seems to be basically gone, crime seems to be happening all over the place. The drugs from before, and also Lalo's current violence probably contributed to this.
-Arata (developer of the original game) ends up entering the game with a cheat lv. 100 vest, making him a king's candidate. He wants to kill & frame the developers for all the crimes on this island, and also take the most "tenacious" players, who are still on this island despite all the craziness that's happening, to his "new game" which will supposedly take place in a whole country.
-Hal has sent for Gakuto to come on the island.
-Lalo kills Arata and takes his vest. His allies also obtained Ryuusei and his vest off-screen.
-Now, Baku's strategy will no longer work succeed as he does not have all of the king's vests. Lalo is now in a position where he can force the game to draw by holding the vest's hostage.

I tried to cover most of the important points, but it was still a lot longer than I thought it'd be. It's likely that there's some stuff missing too, especially in the Protoporos arc, there are some subtle things that haven't been explained yet and probably won't be until later arcs. Hope that helps in the meantime though!

@catx3
I really like this manga, but I do not understand English very well, so I might not understand something. I have a question. Why that man from Ideal with a damaged hand wears Yakou's suit? (Chapters 420 and 421). I apologize in advance for possible grammar errors.

Double-page supporter
@Muran4ik

It happened off-screen, so we don't know for sure. But my guess is that Bai Long used the fire move from Chapter 413, and Yakou took off his suit after it caught on fire (like in Chapter 414). And the suit just happened to land on the Ideal guy. If you look at Chapter 420 again, the suit is not actually being worn by him, it's just on top of him.

Btw, your english is perfectly understandable!

@Demotivator

We don't have a Duwang discord server, and there's no Usogui server as far as I am aware.

@BigCoffee

It's definitely the longest arc so far and it still isn't over yet (It started at chapter ~320, so over 100 chapters). Even though it's long, it also feels like the author is rushing it at some points. I guess it's the price of trying to pull off an arc with so many characters and factions in it.

Users who are viewing this thread