Usotoki Rhetoric

Contributor
Oh wow. I binge read this in 4 days. This is just that amazing of a series.

I feel like this could have lasted longer T^T Such a nice manga huhu thank you for translating this!!!

Double-page supporter
this is literally hyouka but in the past, a working version, and a lil more complicated one. i mean we don't get
a marriage or a single kiss too
( TДT) but i love this type of story and the fact i compare this to hyouka that will always always on my top list, people should give this manga a read (。’▽’。)♡

Fed-Kun's army
Hands down one of the best shoujo manga I can recommend 😭😭😭 there are fluff, romance and comedy; and the characters are so LOVABLE AH.

The ending feels like a new beginning and D A M N N N I do need more of these.

finished this a month ago, still one of my favourites. cute, fluffy, romance. the characters were great and super lovely.

amazing read! good plot, nicely written characters, definitely became one of my top ten mangas. i loved the simple and sweet romance and it wasnt so overdone and embarrassing as other shoujo mangas(this is shoujo, right?). its perfect.
if only there was a kiss! maybe a blush from iwai??

It is very interesting read at first, but since character development is not that good, I find it boring in the later chapters, so I can only rate this 7-8/10 at most.

for those who is looking for romance, don't expect any fluffy/lovely romance.
There is once or twice in the late/end chapter though. and again, don't expect anything. lol

I hardly ever post comments, but I want to give my two cents to this absolute gem. (I binged all 10 volumes in two days lol). Thank you translators from the bottom of my heart for completing this amazing series. Without you guys, I would never have been able to read Usotoki Rhetoric.

First things first. The ART. The art is INSANE. I can't believe not many people comment about this. I have taken so many screenshots it's not even funny. The amount of details makes you think you're right there in the pages of the story solving cases with the characters. It's also the right balance between realism and cartoon/manga. When you need a panel of gorgeous mansion, you got it. Flowers and nature? Straight out of national geographic. Miyako sensei nails all types of art, whether it is architecture, food, or people, if you one of those who looks at the art, you're in for a real treat.

This series has a story that immerses their audience so well in the plot - the characters and their relationships with each other are amazingly developed and the plot is well paced with well thought out arcs. I loved how the author made everything come together in the grand finale and plot arcs wasn't just used as some filler - every arc the characters go through became a way the readers got to understand the character more and got to connect with them at a deeper level as the story went on. The relationships also are extremely natural and very warm - they don't seem forced and awkward which is a huge relief for a big Shoujo reader like myself.

The romance is subtle but very much there and developed and sweet. (I got so much cavities XD). It's definitely slow though, so if slow burns aren't your thing, might not be for you. The main characters got to understand each other more as the story progressed, and bounce each other off for happiness and reassurance. It never ever seemed forced and super natural for both, and did I mention it is sweet? You just can't help but cheer for them all the way!

One of the main things that I want to bring out are the messages that the author gives the readers about kindness and lies in society. It made me think a lot about how people interact and some feelings that people experience in their daily lives. Miyako sensei weaves in these lessons without being annoying or forced and that's what I love about this series.

If you had made it this far, good for you, here's a cookie XD. All in all, this is a rare gem and one in a million Shoujo manga with characters and plot that takes you on a roller coaster. I definitely recommend this to anyone who's in for a good mystery romance but even if that's not your cup of tea, still give this series a chance cuz you never know, you might just stumble upon something you will be remembering for a long, long time.

It's amazing!!!
Thank you ! 💝💝💝💝💝
And the comment below mine.. Hats off to you ...I respect you bro ..Totally Accurate comment...I binged it too

This is so goood!!! Read this for sure. I skipped this because the cover didnt spark joy to me 😋 but someone recommended this manga at another manga's comment section so I decided to give it a try. It is a feel good manga with touch of mystery.

I was interested because the summary sounded like the purple hyacinth webtoon at first, but well spoilers it is not at all similar, but i still very much like it. Ii've not read all of it yet but this is so refreshing, it gives me some sort of mushishi vibes, expecially with the doll's house case.
The two of them are funny together, sometimes though she does get on my nerves for being so unthrusty towards herself ... Common you've got an incredible gift girl ! Nonetheless, thanks to that somehow she developped interresting reflexions about the thrust we put in each others words all the time and that it could define what friendship really is about. I hope this manga will keep being this nice til the last volume cause it could actually sooth my heart for good :)
And i highly recommend ! 🍂

Surely one of my favorite mangas
The author picked some simple plot and built something really interesting and lovely

Wow, just wow. Art, characters, storyline...its all suberb. So glad that i stumbled over this gem. Thank you very much for translating!

This is really good 😭❤️ I binged it within a few days while in exam week- It's worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread