Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Lacking (1)

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling that all of these deaths were caused of Komachi being still alive, just like what the prez said for changing their fate could alter to anyone else and put them in danger. But he did slight miscalculated because he think the cause was Satsuki for being there (not total wrong, but not right too). And Komachi might’ve known this prematory corpse of her too before Satsuki said to her. That’s why she insist to keep coming to school.

I wonder if this time Komachi really will be getting killed, will the death rate be totally decreasing or not 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Is it really that important that I live?
me fr fr

But you know, prez has been going on about only killing bad people, so why is he pretty chill with seeing Komachi dying?
From what we've seen, Komachi is pretty innocent so far, unless prez knows something?
inb4 that whole "changing order" spiel is directed to himself and he's just tired of seeing Komachi corpses for the hundredth times even after he saves her offscreen over and over

Dex-chan lover
me fr fr

But you know, prez has been going on about only killing bad people, so why is he pretty chill with seeing Komachi dying?
From what we've seen, Komachi is pretty innocent so far, unless prez knows something?
inb4 that whole "changing order" spiel is directed to himself and he's just tired of seeing Komachi corpses for the hundredth times even after he saves her offscreen over and over
Prez only kills "bad" people, but this chapter implies he doesn't want to mess with the corpses outside of his own plans. At first I thought maybe he was killing bad people so they can replace the normal students who "naturally" die, but maybe he's just kill-happy sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, Komachi is just showing that there's something missing from her. I said it before, but she's a weirdly assertive sort of passive. People tell her to do stuff, or just drag her into it and don't tell her why, and she goes along with it without question. It's like she's missing some fundamental piece. I'd almost say "she doesn't value life", but that sounds almost too malicious or cold with how she behaves.

In the first chapter Satsuki said "by making the good choice today, I brought the worst outcome" which was the chapter were she saved komachi for the first time. To me it seems that saving her push all the other death (as in she was supposed to die but didn't so everyone else goes kinda final destination vibes) also komachi gives big tokiko vibe ( author previous work) as sociopath girl.

Okay, I have to call bull on the pres for 'preserving order'. It's just so flawed in logic. He's calling Satsuki the problem, meanwhile... he's going about outright creating situations for people to die because he deems them 'bad'.

He's saying it 'all started happening' when Satsuki arrived, but in the meanwhile, he'd been actively changing things himself for years by 'making the problems/bullies disappear'. If its all ripple effects, he was just building and adding to it himself for much longer.

Dex-chan lover
"Ever since you enrolled, their frequency has been growing and growing"
That's what you call MC power.
Anyways, I guess what happen to Satsuki & Komachi is kinda like Rintaro & Kurisu's. Because Rintaro changed Kurisu's fate by saved her life. Kurisu's fate of death eventually shifted to Mayushii

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Akira jealous of sensei was pretty cute. That thing with Komachi was weird though. She's always seemed off, maybe now we'll figure out why. I hope they don't kill her off

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I have to call bull on the pres for 'preserving order'. It's just so flawed in logic. He's calling Satsuki the problem, meanwhile... he's going about outright creating situations for people to die because he deems them 'bad'.

He's saying it 'all started happening' when Satsuki arrived, but in the meanwhile, he'd been actively changing things himself for years by 'making the problems/bullies disappear'. If its all ripple effects, he was just building and adding to it himself for much longer.
He didnt say it all started happening, he said the frequency started to increase ever since she arrived

Dex-chan lover
Are we finally tackling about how crazy Komachi can be? Because fucking finally, man.

Dex-chan lover
What I am more curious than death looming over.

But the whole order of things as they should be. Didn't the school prez changed the order by killing his teacher in the past. She didn't die of "natural causes", did it not mess up the order in any way? Maybe he was the starting point. :unsure:

But I doubt mangaka would go that route.

Dex-chan lover
I want to snap that fucking Student Council President's neck like it was a twig so badly...

Knock him out and just dump his body in a place he'd never go to for 24 hours. He never sees his corpse, meaning he can never prevent it - he dies. Problem solved - permanently. The best kind of problem solving.

Dex-chan lover
What I am more curious than death looming over.

But the whole order of things as they should be. Didn't the school prez changed the order by killing his teacher in the past. She didn't die of "natural causes", did it not mess up the order in any way? Maybe he was the starting point. :unsure:

But I doubt mangaka would go that route.

My guess is the mangaka/the Student Council President is taking more of a "Final Destination" approach where "Death" decides someone is going to die and will not stop at making ways to kill those people, and in order if necessary (one of the films had a guy take a revolver from another character, point it to his own head and pull the trigger several times - every single round was a dud/light primer strike. "Death" actually prevented him from doing self-deletion until he was his time to die; it's a horror film but it actually makes "Death" itself out to be like the serial killer looking for a way to kill those that "Death" has to take).

So he's suggesting that because Satsuki is saving people (...that the President is trying to kill... so I don't think the mangaka thought that bit through that much) that "Death" will find a way to take make them die and will somehow be worse.

Now... If you look at the cover/page art from the early volumes, the art seems to be implying this as well. You'll see earlier art of Satsuki covered in blood, a classroom totally in ruin and a bunch of corpses. Suggesting that eventually something drastic and mass casualty happens to take care of all the people she's saved.

...I personally don't think (and I hope) the manga doesn't go down that route, but... I would be surprised if the mangaka hasn't seen one of the "Final Destination" films and hasn't thought of this premise.

Dex-chan lover
Don't let Komachi's weirdness distract you from Akira being very obviously jealous at Satsuki spending time with a man.

Reminds me that I came to this manga for yuri and stayed for the plot.
And, I mean, even the yuri undertones have been pretty weak as of late.
Here's hoping Satsuki can juggle doing gay things while saving people from dying.

Dex-chan lover
snip

...I personally don't think (and I hope) the manga doesn't go down that route, but... I would be surprised if the mangaka hasn't seen one of the "Final Destination" films and hasn't thought of this premise.

Same, we have still some distance to go. So far no one of importance died. But considering the author's previous work it might all come unexpectedly and in rapid fashion. (I hope not!)

Also, Akira might become the trigger for some kind of avalanche to begin, with what's happening in the background with her father. Or maybe it will be Akira's father, something like a last-minute switcheroo where he fails to murder Akira / her Mother and gets wasted instead.

Love theorizing about possibilities and ultimately being disappointed!~

Users who are viewing this thread