Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Release

Dex-chan lover
Seo you can't just steal this then betray:
mV9yZmu.png

Dex-chan lover
Welp, there's a famous quote of "you get what you fking deserve!" and while I pity the guy, if the thought process we see at the start really belongs to Seo then he is the maker of his own demise.

Also... gut wound is usually extremely painful and actually takes a while to die from. Sup Author-san?

Group Leader
"I tried being good!"
"Wait, I'm actually evil as hell!"

hmmm. Writing seems a bit off there. Shock value for the sake of shock.
"Why bother being good if you're going to treat me like I'm evil anyway. I might as well just be who you want me to be."

There's enough evidence Seo had inner conflicts about morality even back before her 'memory loss'. It's my assumption she didn't like being the queen bitch but somehow felt stuck in the role. Faking memory loss was the perfect chance to restart, but nobody forgave her. And if she's going to get killed for it she might as well kill back. Not like she doesn't have experience, considering she used Michiru to nearly kill Miho. Which we still need to learn the reason behind.

I do however think Seo genuinely appreciated Satsuki's faith in her. And I believe she's intentionally twisting the knife with her, whether to stop Satsuki from feeling sorry or to lose herself in this persona and stop thinking about how fucked up a betrayal it is. It's also important to note the monologue from the beginning happens while Seo is unconscious. Don't treat it as exactly what she's thinking right now, but more of her general feelings.

Also... gut wound is usually extremely painful and actually takes a while to die from. Sup Author-san?
I'm assuming he got stabbed in the abdominal aorta, after last volume's arc about it, and Komachi would have given Seo plenty of stabbing pointers.

Dex-chan lover
"I tried being good!"
"Wait, I actually planned all of this and I'm evil as hell!"

To be fair, right after that she thought about what was even the point of being good if she was going to be treated as an evil person anyway.

My interpretation is that deep-down Seo wanted to change and become a good person but Prez treating her like a villain even after she tried to be good made her think that it was all for nothing, so, she went back to being evil

Dex-chan lover
Finally things paid off!

Glad that even if the Prez finally died, Satsuki was able to tell him off finally get him to understand how evil he was being. I guess his dying/being out of the picture would be the best way to move the plot forward since he was taking too much attention from the actual interesting characters.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
"I tried being good!"
"Wait, I actually planned all of this and I'm evil as hell!"

Yes, I think she's just lying on top of another lie. Or maybe not and I'm just crazy.

For now, let's just wait and see.
Don't see them as lies but internal battles. The monologues aren't expressing carefree stuff, you don't think about something if you're satisfied with it; you don't think about how you just want to change if you're not feeling pressed to be what they think you really are.
And while she did plan things to some extent with Komachi, she could have still had doubts about whether she really should be pursuing it, as everyone does about anything they set themselves to do in life (especially a teenager who's planning murder)... until her struggle was replaced by a solid resolution right this chapter.
I don't think that's bad writing. It could've been handled better, possibly, but that's not bad writing.

Users who are viewing this thread