Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 73 - Weight

Dex-chan lover
They are both sociopaths, people who cant even understand basic human emotions like feeling sad over a love ones death, or even love, for that matter.
Shes not "evil" cause she simply doesnt understand what good and evil are in the first place, shes like a natural disaster, you dont call a hurricane evil for killing and destroying.
We highly doubt that Ryōko or either narrative thinks that either Komachi or Tokiko don't understand what good and evil are because they're sociopaths or lack a soul. Tokiko very clearly understands what good and evil is and Komachi, while she has some weird ideas about it, certainly has ideas about what good and evil are. She thinks, for example, that it was good, morally so, for her to get bullied, for example. She isn't like a hurricane and she also isn't evil or malicious. She's someone who struggles to feel things who struggles to understand others who tries to do what she thinks is right and sometimes does fucked up things because of that.

Dex-chan lover
Police really doesnt exist in this World or is Satsuki and everybody else just to fucking stupid to remember they exist?

At this point im mostly just reading because I hope for the 0.1% chance that Satsuki will die…
I think she will die, much to my sadness.

Group Leader
People have been pointing out Komachi's similarity to Tokiko so far. I do wonder what if this isn't just the author making an expy? So far there's not much in the way of both stories being in the same world. What if Satsuki is actually a stealth sequel of Walking in Death?

Dex-chan lover
There are a lot of connections between the stories thematically and in terms of characters. Satsuki and Natsuki are a lot alike much like Tokiko and Komachi, for example.

Walk to Death is all about a character who isn't bothered by death after someone close to her died trying to move through the world live her life while everyone around her freaks out about death, not particularly concerned with saving lives, while Liar Satsuki is about a character who works desperately to prevent death at every turn, who sees even someone awful dying as a tragedy that must be avoided at all costs.

Walk to Death is about someone who isn't particularly emotionally affective, experiencing few emotions in a very muted way and understanding the emotions of others little as well, and she's ostracized and treated as horrible and evil for this, while Liar Satsuki is about someone who is very emotionally affective, constantly and loudly expressing her thoughts and feelings and attempting to understand the emotions of others, and she's similarly ostracized and treated as horrible and evil for this.

Both of them are deeply preoccupied with what it means to save someone's life, what it means to be unconcerned about your death and the death of others, the consequences of helping others and failing to help others, the ways in which being different can lead to you becoming isolated, why it is you should care about others and how you should go about pursuing that caring.

Both Tokiko and Satsuki are motivated by their father's actions. Satsuki's dad responded cruely to her failing to save her mother leading to her desperately trying to save others while Tokiko's dad wanted her to live for herself so she murdered him. Both Satsuki saving a life and Tokiko taking a life leads to a series of events that wouldn't've happened otherwise, in Tokiko's case with several people dying in strange, unpredictable ways, and, in Satsuki's case, with several people nearly dying in strange, unpredictable ways which she barely prevents.

On the other hand, like with Satsuki saving Komacchi leading to a series of deaths, so to was Tokiko's life being saved as an infant directly responsible for all of the deaths in Walk to Death being what leaves her without a soul.

There haven't been a lot of connections between their worlds, but they're certainly consistent with each other. Both settings are light on the supernatural, but both have them present in their worlds, for example. But, given all of the thematic connections, it wouldn't be all that surprising for them to share a world, tho the thematic connections don't necessarily mean that they do share a world.

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: weird stunts, amazonian strength..... I know seeing future corpses is already far from realistic but I hope the author doesn't keep buffing her in every crisis point. And hopefully said buffs got nothing to do with increasing series popularity

Dex-chan lover
Shame the Prez is dead, but good thing Seo and Komachi are there to pick up the slack.

Now let Satsuki make a fist and use her idiot strength to enact this.

KNJB7LJ.png

Dex-chan lover
I think she will die, much to my sadness.
Much to my happiness, she is a trash MC that would literally rather have a serial killer be free in the World than letting him die… Wouldnt even be surprised if someone killed 100 people and was about to be shot and killed by the police she would save the killer and telling the cops that he dont deserve to die…

Double-page supporter
That last Komachi page has me puzzled. I'm guessing that she didn't really expect Satsuki to ever back down from her ideals, hence her surprise, but then she opens up a smile and leaves like she's satisfied. Like she just received the answer she wanted to hear all along. Given her, uh, personality, does Satsuki regretting her saving Seo mean Komachi is going to fix this issue by killing Seo herself?

I'm not sure. It takes me back to Chapter 1, where Satsuki claims, "Without having realized it, I made a choice. By doing what was best for today... I would choose the worst to come." right after admitting that she no longer knows whether she did the right thing or not. I thought that it would have something to do with the explosion, then with Seo and Vice Prez killing each other, but now I really have no idea. Chapter 1 scene doesn't look like it has anything to do with them, or Miho, due to Satsuki seeing more premonitory corpses coming from what seems to be a lower floor with crossed window at the other side (Gym room?), unless something really weird takes place to justify them moving that far.

Since pretty early on I had gotten the feeling that komachi‘s soul more or less died when she was saved in the first chapter. It’s as if her body has become taken over by capital-D Death. Her indifference towards living, talking about how she shouldn’t be alive (or something to that effect, I cant remember), and smiling when satsuki gives into death by saying she wishes she hadn’t saved certain people all have made me think this. Then saying how she’s like an “empty doll” kind of fits with this idea (i.e. she’s a vessel for Death). I‘m not good at putting this into words, but thats my theory.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with that theory, in our view, is that all evidence indicates she was like this before Satsuki saved her. She never had a problem with the way she was bullied and always thought it was the right thing to do. Clearly, either she was born this way, like Tokiko, or something happened to her a long time ago to make her this way.

Double-page supporter
Yeah, there's still a missing piece with whatever happened between MIho and Komachi in the previous year before the current timeline, which implies she was seriously screwed up in the head to the point Miho never really accepted it; she even tried to convince Satsuki to join her in bullying Komachi back in like Chapter 3 or 4 like it was the only thing to do.

Since Miho brought it up with Seo, maybe it is going to get explained next chapter, at worst the next few.

Users who are viewing this thread