Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 84 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
Well... this is better than the actual ending, but Akira got fucked...

She went through fires for this woman and doesnt even get consideration, im crying 😭

And its odd she ended up with Komachi, ya know, the one who nearly killed her by letting her drop off after she jumped down 4 stories to prevent a killing... but the reconcilliation kinda made up for the abrupt ending at least.

Why does the axe get so active for these stories man?

Dex-chan lover
While its good the dad is starting to change, I would have at least liked it to have progressed enough to him properly apologizing and understanding how/why the mom died the way she did.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not completely satisfied with the ending, but this epilogue greatly helps.
Sadly, even this ending is still more satisfactory than how most manga end up...

Double-page supporter
Man, I still don't get why Satsuki ended up with Komachi. As I remember, they spend pretty much most of the manga not really interacting with each other besides the beginning and the end. They have no chemistry, lol.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad she finally made up with her dad. It's a nice closure.
Thank you for the chapter as always, noighd.

Dex-chan lover
One one hand, it is nice to have the Epilogue, more gay and Satsuki get to reconcile with her father.
On other hand, WTF author ??? :questionblob::questionblob::questionblob:
The way this fumble so hard on Akira team an turn the wheel last minutes to go full first girl need to be study. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

not just shipping, Akira and Satsuki become the duo and facing everything together, she practical deuteragonist one point. So it should be her that with Satsuki for a important plot point for Akira like this.
Narrative wise, they both got Family, a bad relationship with father after the father turning bad for a crucial event on their family. She have so much better perspective and relatability and would have so more to say. Especely if you want to talk about how much Satsuki did for saving people. Akira is the one seeing it most and being with her through most of the shit :fml: and if it is Akira, we may get to see the father get some bitchslap.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I just woke up and I already cried. Didn't expect the whole extra chapter is for her father, which is superb.

Dex-chan lover
Well what I most wanted out of the epilogue was Satsuki to make up with her Dad and so getting that leaves me sorta-satisfied.
Still as an Akira-stan I yet feel defeated. Also there was never any true justice for Michiru manipulated by Seo with Miho getting her phone, nor VP for her hand in the homicidal plots. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work translating this.

Fed-Kun's army
Like most people, I feel like this is a pretty good epilogue(much better than the actual ending) but still ultimately feels like it's missing something. I think the fact that komachi and satsuki ended together (kinda, because the cowards didn't fully commit) makes a lot of thematic sense for komachi's character specifically but the fact that it was a last minute twist is an especially weird decision when you read this epilogue, where it feels like the author is trying to pay off things we never really saw or weren't very significant to satsuki

Users who are viewing this thread