VERSUS - Ch. 8 - Facing Off Against The Giants

Dex-chan lover
New Humanity is more stronger than the giants huh? The way they just stand there and look feels like they are just not at all worried or bothered by the giants. I bet the next chapter we are going to see the giants slaughtered with no problem. If that happens then I wonder which evil group is stronger?

Thanks for the translations!
Let's not forget the giant chief! I'm looking forward to an epic brawl😄

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this will ever turn into a series where the heroes end up with OP abilities to demolish their enemies. This might be an underdog story where they struggle to survive against the odds using luck and wits. One where we celebrate one small victory as they come.

I'm here for it

Dex-chan lover
Guess "new humanity" is those types that doesn't care until it directly involves them and start to go batshit insane.
And these side characters are getting killed like monsters facing Saitama. Poor sods.

Dex-chan lover
Damn man, I never liked all the selfinsert powerfantasy isekais but seeing people massacred like this is just sad.
Hope they have a way to actually get stronger on their own.
We know the MC will have a mechanic arm one day. So, in the future, it's possible that humanity start using the best of all worlds as a mean to fight.

Dex-chan lover
That's called cliffhanger
Nah nah nah.

See here. A cliffhanger would've been "They disguise themselves amidst neo humanity, as the giants loom over the edge, they and the neo humanity share suspicious gazes filled with animosity between them."

See that? That's tension. THAT is a cliffhanger.

As soon as the giants charge in and start hitting stuff, we're building tempo into the action and it should escalate more and more, as the other character react to their charge, leading into the full blown conflict until the resolution.

That was no cliffhanger, that was a full on abrupt cut off.

man reading this manga early is really a mistake the buildup is killing me, and now i need to wait a whole month to see what kind of power the new human has.

Aggregator gang
Well One's concept in this one is totally opposite than his other works ....there is killing of innocent humans, no one is strong and even if they eradicate each other last race will be ultimate human enemy so interesting concept as always, can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't have slept on this series, it's really everything I'd been hoping from the stagnant isekai genre, but the idea of having great enemies from different worlds being summoned and making them fight is a really damn good one.

That said, not sure how I feel about introducing characters, making them interesting, and killing them off so quickly (like the businessman) - it feels sorta unsatisfying?
The caveman on the other hand had been there for a bit, even as just a side character, so he's death felt earned and had impact.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyway this makes me wonder what will Hallow's arc be like, his most notable character trait so far is that he wants to die feeling "useful" and that's not a good mentality to have at all

Dex-chan lover
We don't really know that and the other character in ONE's works that lost an arm almost exactly like Hallow is Iaian and he hasn't gotten a new arm...
I was talking about one of the first illustration of the manga, in which the MC had a mechanical arm. But for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere and now I'm starting to wonder if I imagined it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread