Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Fed-Kun's army
So like torture by the hands of the people at the house, okay to ignore but when it's the crowned prince it's a no-go?

I can't find myself to forgive them honestly, no matter the 'kindness' they suddenly show. As long as I don't hear an apology, a well-written AND spoken apology, they don't deserve her- the young Penelope and the new Penelope. The Duke needs to apologize for not having believed in her when she was younger which partly caused her to spiral out of control. Obvs the other reason is the second bro. I think the second brother deserved to hear her say she hates him.

Rn, since she and the Penelope of the past were never bullied by the Prince and other captures aside from the brothers, I'm open to her ending up with them.

As of now, I think the crown prince suits her well. I mean, he also is fighting back against a whole family of assholes, so they can relate with each other. And that's far more of a connection than with any of the others.

The story right now is really really great
I love the mc's character! I still dont like her brothers but hopefully they would change for the better. It doesnt mean that Penelope should stay with them though. They should apologize for treating her like that and then she could get out of their house and be free.

I cant wait for the next update!

Damn, are people finally figuring out that Penelope isn't their damn scapegoat? Are people actually treating her with some respect? My god, wonders will never cease...!

@roxanneayy that's a typical profile of child abuse. It's usually stems from a form of codependency and manipulation. Whatever trauma they inflicted on Penelope in their minds was justfied. The family and servants probably think they were trying to turn this unruly commoner into a proper lady. Despite their discipline neglect being crazy. I mean how is Penelope supposed to be polite when her own maid is sticking her with needles for God knows how long.

Now if anyone outside the circle of abuse like the prince hurts the victim it's will suddenly be wrong because "their family and family stick together". Even if they personally don't give a shit about Penelope's well being they at least want her and outsiders to feel like they do out of pride not love.

Same thing would happen if someone noticed that Penelope was being abused by her family and wanted to save her. Then everyone in family would get super pissed and be all like "how dare they criticize us. we took Penelope out of the ghetto and gave her the life of a Noble

The codependency is also why when Penelope suggested that she wanted to leave. They all started to act differently. Once she officially announce her departure. They'll probably call Penelope ungrateful and say she's abandoning them. While also doing their best to trap her in the house and isolate her. So that she stays dependant on them.

@Morsealworth the crown prince slit her throat the first time they met cause she bumped into him that dude s dangerous. I'd rather she get with that nice wizard who tried to take her to the infirmary

Fed-Kun's army
@ninjutsu_fury123 I actually doubt they were going in that direction for this writing just bc of how the second bro has started to act around her + his % going up. Based off other interactions with her father too. Feels like they were simply written to torture her for not being a blood relative + the dad just not truly able to love her bc she really is just a replacement.

I wish it were written with a deeper purpose in mind though but that's yet to be seen. I never once doubted that she was being abused. I did say, they better apologize for their sh*tty behavior but even then, I still feel they don't deserve her.

Also, I say not written with a deeper purpose just bc Penelope is somewhat moved by these changes. Not enough that she would trust them but enough that she has started to think differently of the dynamics she has with these people- so called family.

the art and story keeps getting better and better it's a masterpiece in the building !!
thanks for translating

Im guessing the buttler was been mean to her in hope she would stand up for herself. Now that she did, he seems happy to serve under her

Dex-chan lover
Just because the servants decide to be nice now, it still doesn't excuse their past behaviour. They should all just die tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread