Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

@TheGodEmperor
Also, I find it amusing how many girls/guys I find to still swoon/want a shitty male character just cause he's "so hot" yet I've seen NO ONE like shitty female characters, even if they are attractive.
It's the misogyny™ and the prioritization of male pov / willingness to give even real life conventionally attractive yet monstrous men the benefit of the doubt or still finding them Hot despite their atrocities. Like there being Serial Killer Fuckers out there (ppl being dtf real life serial killers, or just being genuine fans?!)

But also I've been Weak™ to (fictional) villainous women since I was a kid and bi af while I'm at it lmao
Usually only if there's some complexity to their character tho, whether existing or one I made up.
Since women are less likely to be well written than their male counterparts + misogyny making it so that people give female characters less slack even if they are not as comparatively bad as a male villain = no one goes 👅💦 for a villainess like they do for a male villain. 😢

@Ipaat you’re right about the eldest brother however.
the youngest brother is more about familial love toward her.

Alright I think all the people that are fawning over the brothers need to have a sit down chat about how not to help promote toxic people. It seems you've forgotten these Douches abused and neglected a girl that they choose to bring into their home (and I know the spoilers have explained why but I dont care, being an asshole is still being an asshole no matter how you explain it). To ignore and absolve them of their past behavior is basically saying just because someone is super hot it gives them a pass from being held accountable. Now I'm probably misinterpreting those previous comments, but I think it need to be addressed in general

Sigh. The manhwa is amazing, but the reason I still prefer the novel to the manhwa is I can fully hate on that shítty family. No eye candy, no forgiveness towards them because of their hotness, only raw feelings remain, in my case, disgust and repugnance. You see them in another light; only their actions matter, not their hOt fAcEs.

Damn i was surprised that there are many people who liked this abusive family?They are disgusting and unfortunately because the art is beautiful, it glossed over the toxicity of their behavior.I always find it amazing when many people send death threats to female villain but would sob and weep for the TrAGic BaCKsToRy of male villains.If you're gonna be empathetic, then do justice for the girls too.The story is good but the way the art interpret it is not really fair.I really hope this is not the case of a 'tsundere' family.If it does, i'm dropping this.Tsundere doesn't mean it allow you to abuse the mental and physical being of others.

I hate these mfs that pretend the history between them didn’t happened and treat her like shit by degrading her and reminding her to do things for their family “honor” when none of them did anything for her. No I won’t forgive these type of people who do “tough (toxic) love”. When you had encountered with these type of people irl, you will know how emotionally drained you can be around these mfs >>

Damn yall haven't learned from her previous words? She is still in a situation where if she makes one wrong move she will die. Even if their affection goes up do you not realize how backwards that reaction was when he left to someone who's been abused that kind of reaction could leave you scared to death she's still able to overcome this as she can see their heart go up but that does not excuse their abuse. If you were never trusted loved or taken care of by your family your reaction would not be one of hes so hot.

Banned
@mmonstra tbh, I'd really not put this one on misogyny, at least not as much as others. I think this one comes down to some people being royally terrible with not being shallow lol

i... rlly am not surprised that there are people who like this twisted abusive family... romance stories like these tend to bring those sort of people

i luv having the brothers around bc the fl's interactions with them tickles my passive-revenge-loving spirit sksksks — i don't like them. there's no question w that bc they were (and still are) total assholes BUT!!! their presence kinda reinforces the angst in the story if ya'll get me?? like whenever they interact w the fl it hurts them enough to feel uncomfortable and i love that!! i look forward to every scene where the brothers are involved bc i wanna see their % go up steadily while they get hurt in the process bc they deserve it. they deserve more than those unintentional microaggressions, actually. BUT!!! if this was a full-on revenge novel where the fl's main goal is to hurt those who hurt her past self it can become very damaging for her as a person so im happy with how the story is unfolding as it is now, w the fl being kinda clueless and the two brothers being hella confused and kinda hurt why she's acting differently.

and tbh, i kinda get why the brothers' favorability went up like that. it might just be my interpretation, but the "favorability" thing rises up whenever the fl's actions go against their expectations, which forces the brothers to reflect on what they've done wrong. their "why are you acting like this? you shouldve done what you always did before" conversations w her are an attempt to bring back her past attitude so that they won't have to feel guilty abt being sh*tty to her bc they'd feel that whatever they do is justified due to the fl being flawed and bratty. now that she isnt any of that (still flawed, but she's human so haha), it pushes them on edge and they cant help but feel frustrated and confused as they start to see how sh*itty their actions were. they also see her in a diff light now which is understandable, so their favorability going up is totally in line w how their characters are.
edit: ah i love analyzing this wt bc there's a lot of little things going on!!

Derrick is so goddamn emotionally suppressed. Let's keep it coming, I can't wait to see him heartbroken.
Look I have a strong hate/love for Derrick.
He's a straight up dick who does not deserve Penelope but I want to see him slowly fall in love with her. And fall into anguish over her choosing someone else to love.

Also freaking Penelope is so pretty. Especially in that yellow dress 😩
That panel where she's like he took the snacks, I'm dying.

@TheGodEmperor I think of the misogyny as more like... seasoning as opposed to the meat. Because people are shallow, yeah, but where they choose to direct that shallowness is part of the flavor, yanno?

Users who are viewing this thread