Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
I love how many of us care about the snacks that he brought back... Lmaooo XD

Dex-chan lover
@ TheGodEmperor
They hated her before because of the plot that you talk, but now they slowly realise because of it too.

@MeiraEve
Yeah, Penneloppe was bullied her entire two life and everyone said "No ! not the snack !" XD

@TheGodEmperor
Why don't ppl like specifically female characters that are attractive and bitchy at the same time?
Answer is simple. Women are expected to be docile, timid creatures and them having any other mindset is simply not seen as attractive.
It's very subtle but is the most widely found example of double standard.
Toxic masculinity is a thing. If a guy acts all mean, cruel and outright evil, it would be seen as a way for them to 'express their emotions' as they are generally not taught to do so the right way: by talking.
But if FEMALES on the other hand do the same thing, they would be reprimanded for it.
That said, I do not think that it is okay for ANYONE to act like that regardless of their social standard and what they look like. Judging a book by it's cover is not okay even though many people do it.
Sorry for the rant.

I love this story, how they realize how they abused her and hurt her. I love her, she is a very interesting character. (also, not the snacks! Come back, leave the snacks, and then run away!!)

Dex-chan lover
@DestinyFate haha, well, all humans are pretty hypocritical tbh :p just depends on the level of it.

@practicallyuseful I mean, it's not about being docile in this case, it's about her actions being pretty heinous. There are some strong willed women that men LOVE in fiction. It's not about being docile, would argue that you've got a preconceive notion on that based on stereotypes of what men want (though, can't disagree some men would want a docile woman).

I'd say, honestly, I see a bit more shallowness outta women than people want to admit. Not that men aren't shallow too. I just think too many don't want to accept women are also pretty damn shallow and "zomg hot guy" is ok enough in stories to ignore sometimes literal abuse and rape they do. Kinda disappointing imo.

I don't think a guy would be okay with a girl just because she's hot even if she's a heartless criminal/rapist. So same for women

Yeah girls like bad boys and men don't like muted puppets but you don't need to go to the other extreme

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo : Or, given what spoilers have said in earlier chapter
It was the curse put on her soul that makes them irrationally dislike her.

And either her 3rd reincarnation here or the 'impact' of her abnormal actions shock them enough to break the effect and that let them view her for who she is now.

See how Emily was abusive maid at first then after that event she's super loyal? She's the best example of curse vs non-curse state.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
I know, I talk about it a little while ago but thx ^^
@ TheGodEmperor
They hated her before because of the plot that you talk, but now they slowly realise because of it too.

I just explain for me how her family think and why she gain more favorability.
Because it's not because of the plot reason that everyone start to like her litle by litle, more precisely the plot reason that you put in spoiler is the start point but they just don't love her like that one day.
For me, they strat to realise what was their attitude toward Peneloppe because she make them realise and by a mix of culpability and pity they "start" to like her a little.

God, she is SO beautiful when she smiles...!

And hah, fall in love with her, you damn brothers... I can't wait until she cuckolds you for some better man and then ends up breaking your HEARTS!!!

Dex-chan lover
Small point, but I love the detail of having her wear nail polish. Not a fan of pointy chins, but I like how much detail there is in the art in general.

The story makes me sad because we know from her past experiences she has trauma and resentment which is why she's built such a high wall around her heart. Seeing her slowly change is worthwhile. I hope it's all smooth sailing from here but there's no way its gonna be that easy lol. On a side note the art for this is gorgeous wow

Her: ?emily?
Him: Are you .. feeling better?
Her: bishh NO,, I was just having my relaxing day while looking all pretty , and just me in the pannel, AND YOU SUDDENLY SHOW UP B-

he went back to eat the snacks himself..... selfish bastard (joke)
ahhhh the art in this is phenomenal, i wish more manhwas are on this level,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread