Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
(what chapter did we encounter him/the handkerchief in? i cant remember 😩)

Dex-chan lover
Given that everyone translating the novels got threatened into stopping, I'm all for as many people translating this as possible

Double-page supporter
@Ihcky they do it for free and it doesn't hurt you or anyone so why not? There are people who prefer their translation or want the whole thing to be uniform from the first chapter. Or they just take a break and come back to finish their project. No one (except for the people with copyright of course) could stop them doing this.

Group Leader
@Khulmach they're low on PRs and most of the staff are back at school. one of the staff was working on this during their vacation. it's not dropped as of now but there is a chance in the future since it did get sniped/staff is busy/ the one leading this had already read the novel/ there's an official english now

edit: for the people complaining about the word snipe mentioned above, im literally quoting the staff on the reasons why there hasn't been an update in months to explain for those that aren't in their discord

staff 1: yo we might drop [this] because we got sniped though
staff 2: all the qcs are dead atm and a lot of staff are back to school. im literally doing this as a last minute save IM ON VACATION FOR FUCKS SAKE

Dex-chan lover
@nico-chi it isn’t sniped when there wasn’t a post for 2+ months. So tired of the English readers and the “snipe” shit lol.

Dex-chan lover
@TheGodEmperor I completely agree. I absolutely despise that culture. It only results in things not being translated and massive flame wars and groups quitting, breaking up, or leaving the platform.

Tbh i don’t mind reading two versions, it’s pretty nice. At the end of the day it’s up to the staffs who are working hard. Thank you for the chapter! (Someone pointed out the spelling of “ilkies” i, too prefer that over “eclis” 😭)

the group never intended to drop it. They have a discord group that they would announce if they do plan on dropping a series.

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo Yep, it's 100% why our we're often far behind the raws and just causes unnecessary crap. Better to just let any and everyone translate as much or whichever chapters they want and people can opt to read or not. I do love Bucci Gang and think they do good work, but I want to read chapters more than anything else. Anyone who brings me chapters and did the work themselves, that's all good by me.

I don't think you can call it sniping if the updates were as irregular and far behind as they were.

That said I wouldn't mind if they continue translating too. Sometimes the translation may be difficult to understand and that's where multiple versions helps.

Group Leader
@TheGodEmperor @AnonymousWeeaboo @snom im using the words the group themselves said in discord

staff 1: yo we might drop [this] because we got sniped though
staff 2: all the qcs are dead atm and a lot of staff are back to school. im literally doing this as a last minute save IM ON VACATION FOR FUCKS SAKE

---
also i'd like to add that there's no set definition as what a snipe counts as. nassxbucci was working on this and didn't update in a while so asura picked it up and it can still count as a snipe (albeit without the malice originally associated with the term) since there was no intention to drop.

there's also readers who prefer to read from this group since they do not ask for donations/ these two were the ones who started it and they want consistency.

either way instead of getting upset at the use of a word without a set definition, how about we focus on supporting the official english that will be coming out soon

You can't call it a snipe when there wasn't an update for 2+ months. Its like a kid calling dibs on something and then only using it when some other kid starts to want/use that something.

Dex-chan lover
@nico-chi I repeat my statement: This culture of "only 1 group can do it, another group picking it up is sniping" is bullshit and results in things not being translated, massive flame wars, and groups falling apart or quitting. FFS, there were almost 3 months of this not getting any updates at all, and the original group only had these 2 chapters to upload? It's fine if he's too busy or is lacking staff, just don't get mad when other people decide to pick up what you dropped.

Dex-chan lover
>Doesn't update for months.
>Someone else translates it for almost double the chapters in a few days.
"Yo, we might drop this cause we got sniped!"

LMFAO. 'Nuff said.

Group Leader
@AnonymousWeeaboo again i'd like to remind you that im just quoting the staff on their reasons for the lack of updates. i agree that the mentality isn't the best however, there is not set definition on what snipping is aside from the understanding that it's one group working on a project that another group was working on. what asura did can be considered a snipe (but with no malice) since there was no intention to drop. however, most readers did seem happy with the update so there's no need comment like that. if you're not a fan of this update then you can go read the other group's trans (or even better, support the official english on tapas) instead

Users who are viewing this thread