Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 35

OH MY GOD SO MANY UPDATES I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

AAAA that scene tho- I was so shocked it looked like something straight outta an otome game-

Am I stupid because I didn't understand the entire last half of this chapter...
Why did she decide that she shouldn't try the Vinter route? Like why would she say that there's no way he'd pick her because she's holding his secret against him....even though she didn't even HAVE to pick that dialogue option and piss him off, she just chose to then acts like there was no chance he'd like her. Wtf.

Then she's scared of him and thinks he threatening her even though he's clearly being nice and she can see his favourability go up. What???

I must be missing something.

Dex-chan lover
Haha. Now I'm reminded of the Hourglass Villainess Aria.

Poor Penelope is incapable of seeing affection and favor in people around her now.

jwiej sorry i need to remind myself she ends up with the prince
also im kinda annoyed she didnt realize what he meant

@Mar19
This is the reason you are already starting to hate the heroine, even though she hasn't appeared.
Because the heroine is a b***h who deserves to be killed then tortured then killed again. Being killed once is not enough😤(She is the only character that I would hate this much, dsfkjhsdhfskjhd.)
My personal opinion after reading the novel ^^^^^ {BIG spoiler warning}

Ik it's literally been months since this was posted, but I've re-read this chapter a couple times and still didn't understand a good bit about what was going on. Though after reading this scene in the web novel, it's a lot clearer to what is going on. None of what follows are spoilers since they are all revealed in the chapters of the web novel that correlate with this chapter of the manhwa.
So, basically.
- Vinter knows that he's talking to Penelope Eckart here and specifically threatens her in this scene rather than "a certain client" (the language was confusing)
- The reason Vinter went after Penelope in normal mode is because she went through this same series of events (requesting an informant, meeting the kids, conversing with a masked Vinter) but ended up blabing about Vinter's students/the sorcery despite his warning
- Vinter's interest actually goes up twice in this scene; once, up to 8%, after Penelope replies "I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut, then" after Vinter's threat (no depicted in manhwa) and then after she tells Vinter to deliver the handkerchief with the message "Reciprocate" which I think is where he realizes that she's the woman he met at the ball? I'm not 100% about this part still since he already knows it's Penelope Eckart who made the request thought somehow doesn't know that Penelope Eckart is the one he met at the ball. Idk
- Also, I saw this in the comments but the reason Penelope chose to look at the choices/ choose a choice that seems to threaten Vinter is to figure out if this event occurred in the actual video game and why Vinter ended up assisting the heroine and bringing down Penelope, resulting in the conclusions in the second bullet point

BTW, this chapter of the manhwa correlates to chapter 34/35 of the web novel if you want to read this scene for yourself
Hope this helps!

Fed-Kun's army
....this girl misunderstood a lot of stuff due to her upbringing .-.
and her knowledge of the world she's in coupled with that upbringing made her live.....difficult like she know she has to advance but she won't because she doesn't want to trust the path xD

my dear girl penelopeeee CAN'T YOU SEEEEE. AAAAAHHHHH. My heart exploded when he came near. AAAAHHHH
Again, give this girl a break, let her see the positive side too. :'D

Users who are viewing this thread