Villains Are Destined to Die

@tiredrosy the tags are correct - this isn't a reverse harem, since Penelope only ends up with one of the targets. (I'm sure you can find who she ends up with in previous spoilers.)

omg iv avoided this for months because i didnt like the 'options' but thought id give it ago since it was different and i just couldnt put it down 😂and now im waiting for season 2 😭

Damn, this legitimately made me cry, opened the floodgates I haven’t been able to open for 7 years.
This is beautifully written, brilliantly drawn, and excellently scanslated!
I can’t wait to cry my eyes out to season 2!

I want to see season 2 verry soon. the pot twists are verry unexpected, the story is great and the art is beautiful. I love it.

I’m glad I read this ( I thought it was reverse harem even though it was not tagged). I cried a lot. Now I’m agonizing over the fact that they’re on hiatus. Oh well. Great job! (*TーT)b

I love this, and this just may be new favorite read. I've cried way more during this than I remember for any other story I've read recently (maybe I've gone soft? lol ).

asura dropped it btw as soon as they release season 1 ending. i dont think another translator gonna do it when it comes back

It deserves a magnificent rating. This manhua is about beating beaten down, and then pushing back when you’ve had enough. I can’t tell you how many freaking times I cried during season one. I feel for my baby, because I feel hopeless in my situation all the time. Unfortunately, I’m not as brave and persistent as Penelope. I would have probably committed suicide by now if I also weren’t an extreme coward in the face of any type of pain, physical or emotional.

Too bad that the transition from bucci to asura is quiet noticeable from quality wise, it's not like i talk badly about asura, just i noticed a lot if sfx didn't got translated which rarely found (or maybe none at all?) from bucci's. There were also some dialogues that missed space if i'm not wrong something like "allof it" "thenobility". Those were minor only tho, so nvm. Still thank you for translating this manhwa, waiting for the S2!

Yo this is so good... yet half the time I feel like crying for the mc (its a good pain dw). The way they use these tropes work very well so far <3 spoiler is my analysis of the story... although there is still one major (but basically spammed in comments) spoiler manhua hasnt got to yet
the way they incorporate her past life? i think im more lenient towards mc who are reincarnated as children (cuz their brains dont have enough connections to store?? memories) but i wish more stories elaborate on their past (instead of just their death scene) < it really adds to the story... mc is more fleshed out as a character
how mc views her otome family is very similar to her og... she never really understood her og outside of them dismissing her so it would make sense that she doesnt understand why her favorability goes up after certain scenes
and the fact that she was able to escape originally only to end up in the same situation ... :,( hope this time she gets the love she deserves but at the same time you see how shes rejecting any advances towards that. its like how she had to work hard independently before that now she treats it the same
also she spent like max 15 hrs binge playing? i think also goes into how her knowledge is actually very low - she doesn't have all the details, she didnt have months/years to analysis these characters in the way others did. plus she did start the hard route thinking how similar it was to her own life... so she really is using personal experience.
and the way the og villainess is developed does well in building onto how she was treated... particularly how she threw tantrums instead of using her status: her abuse/neglect did not do her any favors in terms of growing up mentally. she knows she has access to wealth of a noble but doesnt understand the way of a noble... raised so awfully does she really consider herself a noble? no one taught her how to act like a noble (while i feel like mc understands somewhat... she is educated and is familiar w the noble villainess trope) i could prob go on but brain dead

ACTUAL SPOILERS (i havent read the actual novel soooo)
so the ml is the crown prince... while im iffy because of how their intro went, i think it has the most potential out of all the routes actually
- the otome family is complete out of the game... she has little understanding of them and really isnt making any progress (nor does she want to)
- the wizard/magician/info broker is purely a 'im a polite person and i owe u' ; there really isnt anything to grow into i feel in terms of tropes
- the slave/knight has some potential but has been established that it would not work out well: the slave/master dynamic is not the greatest (even worse since SHE bought him and literally has a ring to subdue him... if she got rid of the collar and ring maybe). she even commented that he could actually be very dangerous
yes the intro didnt go great but it has setup for character development + romance : we learn that the ml has his own troubled past (! big flag) which has made him like this (so a bad boy w a hidden heart of gold?) - he isnt discriminating against the mc because of who she is (unlike the family), hes kinda just an all around jerk rn lol
plus the lie mc said to get away... ml is interested in hearing more... it is possible that it will be setup that she actually discovers positives and falls in love (although it will be slow burn)
both of them will get character development in terms of finding happiness <3 their situations are similar enough that they can help each other grow

I had it in my backlog, and now that i finished season 1, I can´t wait for season 2. Probably one of the most well written mahnwa ive read so far

D

Deleted member 247947

Reading the first couple chapters, I love the idea of first playing from the "heroine's" perspective, then switching to the "villainess's" perspective for hard mode!
Anyone know if there're any games (preferably for iOS lol) that are like this?

Users who are viewing this thread