Vinland Saga - Vol. 24 Ch. 170 - Sailing West Part 4

Fed-Kun's army
@GazumYuh It still amazes me how everyone read the beginning, the one where Thors is a pacifist and literally dies for his beliefs, and is still shocked to see Thorfinn develop this way. It's like they thought the author would turn around abandon the theme's he's been setting from the very beginning.

It's not even like the manga is done with the epic battles or blood and gore, not while Thorfinn's foil, "the end justifies the means" Canute is still around.

-Yukimura draws the prologue arc
people: wow i love this!!
-Yukimura draws the real journey
people: NOOO!! I'M GONNA DROPPING THIS SHIT, I HATE THIS MANGA!!

The butthurt never ends, they look worse than needy whores in a bar

Aggregator gang
@gabisuuu
Wow, you're right. I never thought about it like that. 10+ years serialized and it was pretty much all prolouge

I gotta say, the slave arc was my favourite. This is only getting better.

Group Leader
This feels so much like Vagabond, except in this case it seems it will actually go through the whole manga and have an actual end at some point.
I love both.

Group Leader
This chapter has now been updated to v2 which has better lettering, translation and wording and uses high resolution raws. Happy reading!

Aggregator gang
Person: *calmly and analytically points out why they don't enjoy a manga as much as they used to anymore*
Toxic fans: "BUTTHURT BUTTHURT BUTTHURT!!!"

Guys, everyone's entitled to their own opinions regarding this manga. We don't bash you for liking it. Don't bash us for not liking it, or for liking it less than you do. By all means, challenge our reasoning, but don't be a dick about it, and try not to use major fallacies if you can help it.

@Nick_Asano if everyone didn't behave like a bunch of crazy baboons in a cage, in every damn chapter, I could understand, they just repeat the same things and argue 0% of why, this is the level of behavior here, I have 0 tolerance for parrots that only know to repeat the same attribute.

the day they make a constructive, dissertative criticism, I will be willing to understand it, but everyone here cries because their favorite country has not been explored in the manga.

Aggregator gang
@Gabisuuu "Everyone here cries because their favorite country has not been explored in the manga"? Who? Did anyone cry about their favorite country not being explored in Zootopia? Or any Isekai? I don't understand. Edit: I thought this was the Beastars comment section when I was writing this, which is why I brought up Zootopia and Isekai. However I'm still confused as to who would hate a manga for not exploring their favorite country more. It'd be a bonus, but what matters is how well it's written.

"If everyone didn't behave like a bunch of crazy baboons in a cage, in every damn chapter, I could understand, but they just repeat the same things and argue 0% of why. This is the level of behavior here. I have 0 tolerance for parrots that only know to repeat the same attribute." Part of this seems like it could apply to the manga itself and part of it seems like it applies to the comments here. I'm confused as to what you mean by this. Edit: Again, I thought this was the Beastars comment section when I was writing this, which is why I thought that maybe you were talking about the manga itself and not just the comments. This manga (Vinland Saga) is far from being one note. Though I can't help but disagree with many of the choices that Thorffin has made after the timeskip. And I wouldn't say that any of the characters in Vinland Saga behave like "crazy baboons in a cage", but "hyperbolic" is a reoccurring emotion that I've been feeling recently when reading this manga. Like it's becoming more of a comedy and less something you're supposed to take seriously.

I personally hate comments that hate a manga as much as I hate comments hating comments that's hating a manga. Don't get me wrong. I welcome (encourage) criticism, but only if it's open minded and at it's core analytical. Otherwise it's childish and not worth my time. Your goal should not be to make the other person feel like less of a man, but to challenge his arguments and reasoning skills, and if possible change his mind.

@Nick_Asano Let me explain, I'm 100% referring to people's comments about VINLAND SAGA, not about the characters, I attributed the term 'crazy baboon' because it's the people here, complaining because Yukimura didn't explore the Greece, in all the chapters they continue to triggered because Yukimura din't meet the fans wishes, I treat idiot and arrogant people the way they need to be treated, was my first answer in this chapter for all of them.

I will repeat: Nobody here knows how to argue constructively with cohesion in words, I accept opinions contrary to mine, when they allow me to see an understandable vocabulary, which a lot of baboons don't have, I personally don't adopt "hate comments that hate a manga as much as I hate comments hating comments that's hating a manga'', I treat arrogant the way they deserve to be treated, I'm always willing to argue or spend hours having good discussions, but they all offer banal reasons in which conversations end in just 5 sentences.

Aggregator gang
@Gabisuuu I wouldn't say "all". I'm sure there's the exception, if you look really hard for it. But you're right, most people don't know how to have a cohesive and constructive argument. This goes for almost everybody on any side of any fence. People are just very bad at debating. I think it's worse on the internet than in real life for a variety of reasons. But be careful not to become one of them yourself. It's easy to unconsciously shift blame onto other people. It's easy to think that someone is being more toxic than they are. To imagine a tone that's not being used. Or an expression. Or a motive. Or agenda. Part of why it's easier to have a calm discussion in real life than it is on the internet is because it's harder to imagine things that aren't there, and you have less time to think of excuses and less time to think of ways to hurt people emotionally, so things are usually more honest and to the point.
As for "treating idiotic and arrogant people the way they deserve to be treated". Don't. If it gets to the point where your only logical response is a caustic response to a caustic person, just don't engage with them. It's not worth your time or energy. If another person makes it impossible to have an adult conversation, cut your losses.

@Nick_Asano the problem, i think is that in school they teach us to answer (which is honestly a mayor part of our live, answer to questions in our day to day) but we have been never teached how to ask. Because that today it's more common see people telling their own opinion rather than learning about other people opinions, and without knowing about others opinions/thougths you can never have a good argument. (sorry for my english if i have any errors, i'm not used to it)

@gabisuu I just spam watched the anime and read the manga in under a week, and I will say that in my opinion, the story goes way downhill after the farmland saga arc. This really doesn't even remotely resemble the same story as the first before they met Hild. I do like Thorfinn's character change into being an actual person now (hated him in the prologue), but there is too much comic relief and every new character addition is terrible. Even you have to admit the story quality has gone down at this point, no? At one point, I would say this story was teetering on a 9/10 for me (I have berserk at a 9/10, and I was considering this story to be on Berserk's level), but now I have this story at a 7/10, and it could honestly be a 6/10 by the time it ends.

Man, you guys really kill the mood. Thorfinn is mindlessly hopeful, yes, as his father was, but that's the only way you can be in a world like that. This is the 'love' that Canute and Willibald were discussing. Indiscriminate, open, happy. It's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread