Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 180 - Sailing West Part 14

Dex-chan lover
@LastRites123
The indigenous people the historical Thorfinn would have encountered in the early 11th century would have been an intermediary culture between the Dorset & Beothuk if I am remembering correctly.
But as already shown in chapter 176 ( https://mangadex.org/chapter/1078852/14 ) Yukimura is choosing to have the Mi'kmaq (Newfoundland's current surviving First Nation's peoples) be the indigenous people Thorfinn will be presumably interacting with in the narrative, even though as to my knowledge (from doing some cursory research) the Mi'kmaq migrated to Newfoundland well after the Norse departed Canada.
I guess there is more readily available literature and research material (especially in Japanese) about the Mi'kmaq people than the Dorset and/or Beothuk, so Yukimura chose/is choosing the culture he can most accurately portray regardless of the chronological liberties taken.

Thorfinn will find that even without Vikings, there is still war even there between tribes, but hopefully he'll be able to keep the worst from happening and avoid both getting his people from starting one and/or getting dragged into one

That said, i doubt their settlements will last many generations

every chapter, I wish Hild randomly dies somehow so we can get a scene of Thorfinn sparring with his people or something. totally against the message of the story, but I just can't help my violence-craving nature *shrug* I still think Thorfinn went way extreme with his interpretation of his dad's message but oh well.

more tension in the group leadership... hopefully some of the other scout teams didn't attack and/or kill the indigenous people they came across.

Man wonder if the initial issue with gifts will be something minor like an itch over the clothing he brought for a temporary "Hey its going good situation" and more serious issues in not being able to properly handle food and drink they aren't adapted to making someone sick being used later as part of the breaking down of peace when it occurs, what can be seen as peaceful for one can be seen as harmful for another kinda shit for the message of the story even if its the the trigger cause since Thorfinn failing and us learning from it and how to make it succeed while he still maintains that hope as he dies, maybe more violently than historical/saga mythised one with Bug Eyes returning to be him, is my view of a likely ending.

And fully caught up, now I can be early to call out people for low tier soy complaints instead of actually giving reasons and critique and get into nerd explanations when it comes out.

I'm always wishing Hild shots Thorfinn in the back as he realizes how dumb he is, but the author himself seems to believe it and is going to force some delusional hippie route or something. @tailor31415

Finally catch up, can't wait to see the entire colony get slaughtered by the natives because of this sword headed leader wannabe

Users who are viewing this thread