Vinland Saga - Vol. 25 Ch. 177 - Sailing West Part 11

After reading Planetes, I can say that if Yukimura added BugEyes in the journey, it is because he will have a human development as a person. Recognizing how petty and flawed he can be in his purposes, maybe it's his chance to finally realize that there are things more important than money, probably can be a journey of responsibility and maturity.

Double-page supporter
@Sagara-Sousuke MC would sooner sell his first adopted child's balls rather than fight anyone ever again. He already sold his balls long ago.

*insert berserk boat meme

its nice to get the other thorfinn back, now i hope during the sea journey we get more Miklagard flashbacks because the panels and art would be amazing!

thank for translation

@tenrx Whoa. Farmland Saga, that's been a while. Nah, Thorfinn left that place a long time ago to prepare his journey to the Americas, which took longer than it sounds like but shorter than we actually expected. They just started travelling to discover America, yet again.

And as everyone knows, going to the promised land will work out perfectly well. The "promised land" always delivers in its promises after all, without any failures, disappointments, furious locals, bloodshed or tears. Like always. History has proven that to us time after time.

So Bug-Eyes came back. Huh. Somehow I was kinda low-key hoping it would either be a small group of jomsvikings who decided the voyage to America would be interesting, or Snake from the Farmland Saga deciding to join 'em for some reason. I miss that guy. Can't say I expect much from Bug-Eyes tbh.

Banned
"A ship with rats don't sink"
AHAHAHAHAHA Tell that to people who brought plagues.

Do u guys think the series will end when they reach Vinland or will there be like a big finale arc of them trying to colonise there?

@Giblow20 Nice question, but I think an mini-arc of colonization to prove that Thorfinn's ideas will fail. I think an ending with Thorfinn returning to Iceland after the failed journey would be a interesting ending, I don't know how that would be done, but it's curious.

Dex-chan lover
so they bring plague(rats) and corrupted guy(s)(gambler) to Vinland. Good luck with that

every chapter I want Thorfinn to get in a fight and beat people up/kill them, but then I remember his journey to this point and 😅 no, never again. he's just a soft boi now.

Dex-chan lover
When did bug-eyes become such a pathetic man...
Well, can't hate him, glad to see he's motivated at least

I'm not one of those 'woah i wish he still stabbed and fought people', but this series change of direction has been fucking me up quite a bit.

I still like it from time to time but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was some years ago, and I don't think it was farmland saga's fault.
Personally it has to do with how the 'humor' has been forced so hard in every chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread