Vinland Saga

well it's a good manga but it became extremely boring and the quality of the content dropped drastically around vol 9 I think this is just kinda sad for me

Group Leader
farmland saga was the last good arc, after that it's all shit with irrelevant padding shit and shit character like Hild

You know that meme where people say

"If you don't translate this manga, 4 chan will!"

Well. . . . . This manga is proof that actually happens.

The anime is airing and hopefully it will be able to attract as many new readers as it can get.
I did not expect this to switch gear. Bloody, full of brutality and a form of greed on the battlefield. Then it becomes hilarious ---but also gets better in my opinion, I appreciate the author to stick to the initial premise and make the struggle of the main character wandering in a harsh world.
Thorfinn made a big mistake, a sin that is too big to be redeemed, something that kept him from turning into a better human being.
I quite liked the story when it entered in the middle, because Thorfinn did not receive much spotlight and was shadowed by Askeladd as the strongest figure until his death came.

You can say this is not what I thought when you got horror first. But I still love the development, no matter how people say about the current arc. From what I see, everything changed after Thorfinn became a slave. And he got something out of those empty moments. And now he was tested to make a decision after the people around him urged and narrowed him to run away.
The story ultimately did not develop into massive process of political intrigue and how Thorfinn was made a major figure in the field.

So, lastly, if you want entirely action in it ---or in smoke, a big discussion about how a country changes, don't read this. It's more about how people live their lives, and it changes when death is linked to their ego.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I don't know why people started dislike the Manga, instead of just being brutal, it's more like Vinland Saga has only really begun. Expressing the human nature does not mean senseless killing, but it means finding the means to overcome it.
they're actually approaching what the title is all about, Vinland, and Thorfinn had to live through all of that to find the determination to go make that journey!

Fed-Kun's army
i dont see the quality drop... i binged this in about 2 sittings its fucking amazing...

What a quality drop, the barrel charge and other jokes were so out of place in this manga. Hope they stop spending time on these side characters and focus on the Thorfinn and the group

Dex-chan lover
@themanj I'm not sure what they are talking about either. I started reading manga after watching the anime on Amazon Prime. This series is incredible, it's so engaging and deep. The stuff it talks about is so real. I know it's not specifically a Christian manga, but the struggle for forgiveness and redemption helps me to understand my faith a little better.

This manga is so intriguing and beautiful. The Vinland Saga is like human nature being poured out in front of you in these gruesome moments, all the while showing heartbreak, struggle, and the search for forgiveness. It's almost like a philosophy in of itself. Vinland really shows the raw form of what humanity is and I love it!

Dex-chan lover
Just binged it. I really hope it returns to what it was in the beginning. Somewhere after ch.100 it just started adding more japanese overworn clichés like
Garm, the antics of Full Eyes, Sig's halfway comedic bumblings with his dimwit crew and whatever the hell that monkey monster was
. It's still good but those things kinda tick me off since it was a lot better in the start, because even though it had the ususal manga stuff it was a lot more subdued.

Dex-chan lover
Just binged it. Had this manga on my plans for some years and finally had the initiative after watching some episodes of the anime. What a masterpiece, damn. Now the hard part is to wait for new chapters only once a month.

Man I feel like some people complaining about it getting boring and such doesn't seem to understand that this manga isn't just about revenge and violence. It's about growth and forgiveness. I know most were used to the violent first half of the manga but I think this is a great slice of life series.

Users who are viewing this thread