Viruka-san VS - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
@mister_nobody This is a case of Japan likely romanizing it incorrectly

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2314822

It's more common than you'd think, where artists/authors romanize their own names and works incorrectly....

Dex-chan lover
@mmscans I mean, clearly Vierca is the canon, considering it's the author who wrote it there. And considering that cdJapan also put the author's name as Yoshi/Cho while it's written and read as Yu, I'm pretty sure they're the one who misread things.

Supporter
It seems that the author chose the (non-Japanese) name "Vierca" (maybe related to the Slovakian name Vierka?), with the katakana title being the closest-approximation. It doesn't seem they meant to romanize "Viruka" (which doesn't appear to be a name in any language).

Imagine if something was published in Japan with the title "アイ アム ジョンスミス" with cover art including the English phrase "I Am John Smith".

While it would be totally fair to say that it's more faithful to title it on Mangadex or elsewhere as "Ai Amu Jon Sumisu" to reflect the katakana title, it wouldn't be correct to say the author attempted and failed to romanize their title by not writing it that way elsewhere in their book.

Contributor
The name reminded me of Veruca Salt, though this loli catgirl is far less aggravating.

Dex-chan lover
KAs0HAf.png

Accurate.

Group Leader
Bully? where? i just see a catgirl getting to eat with food full of love (normal food is already a miracle in my house).

Dex-chan lover
>you will never be able to blackmail catgirls with delicious food you've made
[sigh]
Why is life filled with such suffering?

Dex-chan lover
Bullying via feeding her delicious meals she's never eaten before? Surprisingly wholesome.

Users who are viewing this thread