Virus Tensei kara Hajimaru Isekai Kansen Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I reincarnated as a virus

This guy was working on a virus that could kill him that quickly like that!? Forget a biosafety cabinets, why the hell was that guy not in Biosafety level 4 gear?

I'd wager a guess that age actually has the highest mortality rate, if you would consider it a metaphysical entity

@Rel_
-Slime = Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
-editable dragon = Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Ibara no Dragon Road
-goblin = Re:Monster
-skeleton lich = Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon (Manhwa)
(you can also try "A Skeleton Who Was The Brave" tho there isnt much right now)
-demon cat = S-Rank Monster no Behemoth Dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Erufu Musume no Kishi (Pet) Toshite Kurashitemasu
-spider = Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

edit: sorry im not familiar with the reply system here

Fed-Kun's army
Well this is a pretty cool take on an isekai. I look forward to how he gets a harem. Probly mind control via virus.

Dex-chan lover
Just want to mention that Plague is caused by a bacteria, not a virus, lol. Not even gonna get into the specifics of the other weird stuff regarding viruses that it gets wrong.

"We open our eyes for the first time down on the planet. We see ourselves and are seen by ourselves. On the surface on the planet there is only us".

This world is doomed. As MC is pretty much "The Thing".

Somehow I see this shit as something more similar to Zergs than just a normal virus.

@StaticTransit i disagree!

there are 2 theories :
1. The theory of bacteria is the cause of disease.
2. Bacteria exist because of disease.

The first theory is the theory commonly taught in medicine. but is that so?

you will find it difficult to find a second theory on the internet. because this theory is no longer used.

the second theory is how bacteria exist because of disease. This analogy is taken from the garbage surrounded by flies.

That is why there is no cure for HIV, SARS and Ebola viruses. for one reason, they are busy killing the "flies", rather than removing the "junk".

as we know that flies are there to tell us that their presence is because there is an unpleasant smell or dirty environment around us. so that with that identification we can clean our surroundings, not kill the flies.

or the presence of maggots because of a carcass.

the presence of long queues at a food shop, because the food is delicious. or the price is cheap.

Dex-chan lover
@NoLife1998 You can "disagree" but the evidence disagrees with you. First of all, those aren't the two theories; there are more theories than that. We know bacteria cause disease because of many, many, many experiments showing evidence that this is the case. Plus, the main reason you don't see that second theory is because it's been thoroughly disproven. In the 19th century, scientists such as Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch performed experiments to show this, but it goes back even further than that. We have a lot of knowledge about the intricacies of bacteria, like how they reproduce and can cause immune responses. Also, if bacteria only appear because of disease, then it wouldn't be possible to infect a cell culture by only introducing the bacteria. Viral diseases are typically harder to cure than others because things like antibiotics have no effect on them. That's why we develop antivirals, but effective and safe antivirals are much harder to develop than antibiotics.

You're almost onto something, though, as disease-causing agents do proliferate more successfully when the host's immune system is already compromised by, say, another disease.

Also one more important thing: if you were right, then vaccines wouldn't have any effect. But they do.

If you're interested, look up the experiments Louis Pasteur did regarding germ theory. Also, look up Koch's postulates and how he devised them, plus the alterations made later to them.

@Abdibsz could be dimethylmercury, even one drop on glove still can kill you

or just bad reference because many artist just draw from stereotype mental image of occupation without looking for real thing first

The first page makes me unreasonably salty. The Plague isn't caused by a virus, it's a bacterium.

reading summary ... and thinking to myself: Now even CORONA gets reincarnated ?!?! Mayby truck-kun transported vaccine and killed it ?!?! Now you have to wear a mask even in another world wtf

:OOO ive been slacking off real hard w my studies, but if diagrams were as cute as this i 100% wouldve spent so many hours reading biology books unrelated to my classes instead of manga

It is not absurd for a researcher to believe in God. In fact, a very large percentage of scientists (like astrophysicists and the like) DO believe in God. Religion as a whole is not opposed to science.

A slime, a spider, a dragon, an orc/goblin, a “demon lord”, and now a virus. Neat. At least this mc feels like the ambitious type, conquering the world. Hopefully he doesn’t become a coward after infecting a human.

Users who are viewing this thread