Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Tau

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Farsight Enclaves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
The worst is when you are like me and actually like most of the older discontinued or metal models and so you have to pay through the nose to get them. For instance, I want the metal daemon prince for my Sons of Malice army, but fuck knows what I have to do get it.
rBVaSVpGCBOAHR3cAAFYLJHTCvc158.jpg

@Unjin

On an unrelated note, Zoats are back and I'm happy.

Understandable, I absolutely dislike the metal SoB models, but on the other hand, I'm happy to have gotten my metal Typhus for my DG army(which will never see the light of day).

Dex-chan lover
Unironically, I really like the new Death Guard range.

Not because I like Death Guard in the lore but because they're fun as hell to paint. The cracks, little details and all the areas to shade and cover are really interesting and I find myself revisiting models often and adding more and more details. @Unjin

538eb5c1-skitari-gun-horse-lvo-2020.jpg

The Mechanicus now have what looks like Skitarii Vanguards riding cyborg (?) horses that have flamers for mouths. Cogboy cowboys. Omnissiah be praised.

Dex-chan lover
Part of me really loves how ridiculous the Skitarii cavalrymen cowboys are in concept. Does it make any sense for one of the most technologically advanced groups to be using cavalry instead of literally anything else that isn't limited in design like a bike? No. Do I care? Also no.

It takes me back to the good ol' days of 40k where things are so impractical and trying to be over-the-top and cool that it's funny and charming in it's own right. @HughMann

@Tamerlane
They'll probably use the same excuse they did for Onager Dunecrawlers having legs: blah blah blah Martian rust desert blah blah rough terrain blah blah toxic rad-waste blah blah tracks are for fleshbags. Do I also care how impractical they are? Not really, no. They look like something an unhinged tech-priest with not-too-perfect understanding of an incomplete STC design might cobble together. Or even develop from multiple existing technologies he has managed to successfully analyse and combine into something sort of workable while pretending he dug it all up from somewhere don't tell the Archmagos. Also, wheels don't seem to be part of the Mechanicus aesthetic, for some reason.

I'm also loving the Dune ornithopter with the red paint job and the cogs. The tech must flow.

archaeopter-stratoraptor-transvector-adeptus-mechanicus-40k-1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, I don't care that they're impractical. In fact, I love it. 40k having a bunch of over-the-top and ridiculous shit that could never actually work is one of the things I love about it. @HughMann

Fed-Kun's army
I don't play the table top, but I dig the lore. I keep hoping for more good 40k video games. I've read some books, too much of the wiki, watched 40k theories and some other YouTube content. I am excited about the Eisenhorn TV series coming down the line.

My favorite faction is the Imperial Guard. The ordinary man up against the most fucked up things in the galaxy is dope.

Fed-Kun's army
That looks badass. Visually distinct from a normal Titan, but not ridiculously so.

Dex-chan lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qi3Evua2Cs

is this series considered as canon ?

Dex-chan lover
Saga of the Beast looks interesting, though these Space Wolves are fucked

3b15a06d.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Hey, Tomb Kings are the only reason I would ever get into Fantasy.

Or at least, they would be, if they were still around @Hughmann

@Tamerlane

They might be soon, depending on how that Warhammer: The Old World thing plays out. They did say it'd take years, though. But I am patient as the grave. I still have Total War and Warhammer's space-going little brother to tide me over.

GW_meme.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Settra is a treasure.

It's a shame I know next to nothing about Fantasy besides the classic memes and the lore behind the Tomb Kings. @HughMann

Users who are viewing this thread