War's Unwomanly Face

apparently volume 1 came out the 27th so maybe someone picks up or it gets licensed here in the west cuz I really wanna read it.

Read the book, it was very difficult to finish so the tragedy tag is well warranted. It's grim but it shows what the war life was like for women, the rare and unspoken aspect that many people forget or gloss over. I'm surprised there's a manga version, looking forward to reading it as well.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie. Koume Keito doing this kind of manga is quite the shock.

Group Leader
i find it too funny that the actual editor dislikes the artstyle, but yields to his braindead demographic.

>“Many war-themed manga come in a realistic form, but I am afraid that today’s teenagers will not relate to such a drawing style,” Ogino said.

>He also noted that some readers might consider big-eyed, cute-looking characters to be “inappropriate” for a work intended to depict the brutality of war.

>However, he said the manga version is intended to push readers toward the original book.

The artstyle is "cutesy" but it's not bad. I'm glad it's picked up again, this was really fascinating.

Maru-chan, thank you for the translation! It was very good. I've listened to this book via audiobook (I heartily recommend that to anyone who likes this), and as I was reading this chapter I could hear the voices of the VAs reading the book in my head.

Contributor
Dear Koume Keito, please go back to your roots and start to draw eroge again, this is where you belong. <3

Dex-chan lover
@pip3

And that's the beauty of media, you can do with it whatever you want and not just do what sells more and props to the author for doing what he liked to do. Hope those teens find something interesting.

Group Leader
I think people really don't understand what the Soviet peoples went through during the Second World War. They lost 20 million people, there was basically no one unaffected by the war. Cities, towns, and villages burned to the ground, the populations deported for slave labour or slaughtered. People these days like to think that the Americans single-handedly carried the war effort forget that the Soviets were responsible for 80% of all German military deaths as they were doing the bulk of the fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread