List of mangas with educative content

Contributor
Hmm... I have a question.

Are touristic oriented manga considered educative content or should we create another thread to put them together? :thonk:

Double-page supporter
Hmm... I have a question.

Are touristic oriented manga considered educative content or should we create another thread to put them together? :thonk:
Good question. My answer will be very pragmatic : I doubt there is enough touristic oriented manga to make a thread about it, so we can include it here. And if there is enough to make a hole list, it's better to do a separate list. And BTW, i plan to do an "gaming manga" list for that reasons and have already an MDList preapared for (it looks like there is a lots of them), while i won't do that for "films mangas" (i don't know enough of them).

And i'm curious to know what are touristic-oriented mangas, do you have an example ?

Contributor
And i'm curious to know what are touristic-oriented mangas, do you have an example ?
I don't know manga like that but I'm interested, haha!

I quickly search with these filters on advanced search and I just found this for example:

Traveling Gyaru
"This is the story of Michika Michibata, a 18 year old sparkling gyaru traveling from Kagoshima to Hokkaido
(~2800 km/~1700 mi) in her trusty, bedazzled touring cycle"

If there is more manga to discover Japan with real location I'm interested!

Contributor
I started Traveling Gyaru and for now we can follow her, it's pretty funny to look for the places she go on google maps and all.

Just the artist is kinda weird with all his kinky fanservice!!?

Also, I'm posting on each chapters google maps links where the protagonist goes!
If someone wants to pick this up, I would be very grateful. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Another one to add to the list : Material and methods, by Pellichi. It's a slice of life manga about the daily life of a biology research laboratory, vie from the POV of a new intern who discover how a laboratory function. It's not completely a biology manga, it teaches you more about how science and its institution work from the inside. Furthermore, it's written by a ex-biology researcher, so it's quite realistic, but not really autobiographical. And it's really good and interesting !

Unfortunately for most of you, it' a French manga (yes, like radiant or chronoctis express, or others like that), so it's only readable in French (for now). If you can read French, you can read it here for free, on the official website of the authoress : Material & Methods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread