War's Unwomanly Face

Dex-chan lover
Code:
If what they say of Leningrad is true,
the tears have frozen in the people's eyes.
We cry no longer, for no tears could quench our burning hate.
And hate is our only course.
The guarantee of life,
the cure for grief,
the one uniting,
warming, guiding force.

Code:
One can bear anything - the plague, hunger and death - but one cannot bear the Germans.
One cannot bear these fish-eyed oafs contemptuously snorting at everything Russian.
We cannot live as long as these grey-green slugs are alive.
Today there are no books, today there are no stars in the sky.
Today there is only one thought - kill the Germans.
Kill them all and dig them into the earth.
Then we can go to sleep.
Then we can think again of life and books and girls and happiness.
We shall kill them all, but we must do it quickly or they will desecrate the whole of Russia and torture to death millions more people.

Highly recommend reading the original book. Hands-down one of the best works I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

A very good series. I like the interview style, it just works for this sort of story.

Double-page supporter
Hmm interesting idea. I suppose i will create one just for the fun of it.

I would reccomend to watch "Come and See" movie to understand this manga and what's is motivated people at Eastern front more.

@maru-chan were all the chapter numbers changed? Also you've done an amazing job translating this series, It's tragically beautiful and I look forward to every new chapter. Thanks!

Group Leader
@TheFirstPostulate1 I changed the numbering today to be compatible with the numbering of chapters in the Japanese version of the manga (where chapter 3 has two parts, chapter 9 has also two parts and chapter 11 has 3 parts).

The manga is actually pretty good. The point of views are fairly balanced.
But the synopsis is reeks of propaganda of a certain political group, it's not even reflects the content of the story.

Group Leader
Hello!

There is a mistake I made and want to point out it; is that Volume 2 starts from Chapter 8!
I didn't know that, so I kept publishing the chapters as one volume.
The reason was that there were no official editions, so I did not know at the time how many chapters the first volume contained.

VOL.1
https://viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/03/8/viewer.html?cid=329ee9ba-632a-4314-b158-61c1e53d821d&cty=1
VOL.2
https://viewer-trial.bookwalker.jp/03/8/viewer.html?cid=fc99d048-b419-4117-a96c-0a87755bce6d&cty=1

I am really very sorry and I apologize to you.

Group Leader
This feels extremely broad and general. The manga sure does tell a long story about a lot of things over a long period of time. But it's just that. Everything is shallow. Nothing more than the content of a history book displayed by manga girls.

Users who are viewing this thread